Application Deadline: 12 December 2023
BACKGROUND AND INTRODUCTION
A public interest Organisation which seeks to promote environmental justice, sustainable and equitable use of natural resources, democracy and good governance in the natural resources and environment sector is seeking the services of a Private Sector Engagement Specialist who will spearhead private sector engagement for resource mobilisation and relationship building. The Organization has established itself as a premier natural resource governance organisation in Zimbabwe and its work has evolved from a sole focus on environmental rights to a broader natural resource governance agenda across different natural resources including land, water, wildlife and mineral resources. Increasingly, the Organisation’s work has found resonance at the Southern Africa sub-regional level. Through partnerships, the Organization has been able to increase its footprint to countries in the region (Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe).
It is against this background that the Organization seeks the services of a private sector engagement specialist to spearhead private sector engagement for resource mobilisation.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Media and Communications Officer will develop and operational
Media and Communications Officer will be responsible for developing press articles, press statements,communication products and deploy through social media channels and traditional outlets
• Developing and maintaining media contacts and network database for the rganization
• Responding to media enquiries, setting up interviews, managing media logistics at events and closely monitoring all media coverage of the organization
• Design engaging and active advocacy campaigns to increase the publicity of our work and effectively support organizational objectives and programming to achieve change.
• Generating press coverage around events and specific publications through professional specialist products in digital, print and social media. You must have an eye for good news stories generated from our work and creative strategies for getting media coverage
• Monitoring daily media and responding in consultation with management, including advising on reactive media opportunities
• Designing and implementing an organizational media and communication strategy to engage target audiences
• Promoting our organizational brand, interacting with the public and establishing productive relationships with key stakeholders
• High levels of creativity and innovation in development of media content and communication materials to support the organization’s objectives including bi-monthly eNewsletter, Bulletins, brochures and promotional material
• Maintaining oversight over the organizational website and updating relevant information
• Provide monthly reports to management or as per request
• Manages community information centre;
• Facilitates training to community members on the use of various communication technologies in community monitoring
KEY COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Interested applicants should possess the following:
• Bachelors degree in Communication and Media Studies or Journalism or any relevant qualification;
• A minimum of 3 years or more experience; preferably with at least one year’s experience in public relations/marketing.
• Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in oral and written forms.
• Must be creative and able to develop effective public campaign concepts and tools.
• Good skills in report writing and editing.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas.
4. HOW TO APPLY
Applicant to complete application form with link below and send your Curriculum Vitae, with names of three referees and their contact details (email and phone) should be sent to email@example.com by 12 December 2023. Applications which do not contain or meet the above will be regarded as incomplete and will not be considered.
Click The Button Below