The role ensures supervision and guidance to enable quality education of learners from ECD A to entry of grade 1.
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
• Prepares the schemes of work, lesson plans and teaching media to guide and facilitate the teaching-learning processes.
• Marks the learners’ written exercises and tests assigned to the learners to assess the learner’s performance and progress.
• Offers remedial and extension work to learners with different learning styles and levels.
• Maintains the class inventory of furniture, textbooks and other teaching-learning materials.
• Responsible for profiling learners; and l draws the class timetable in consultation with the Teacher in Charge.
• Delivers lessons, facilitates class discussions and activities, assigns oral, written exercises, practical activities and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching/learning processes.
• Prepares, maintains and updates various teaching records including the class register.
• Participates in co-curricular activities through coaching and supervising the learners.
• Initiates and develops a classroom disaster risk management plan.
• • Liaises and Interacts with the parents/guardians on issues concerning the learner.
• Acting as chief counsellor for learners by helping address their special needs.
• Supervising co-workers and complete check in check out register and report to the Principal
• Keep and update the departmental files containing timetable, staff details, enrollment statistics, departmental policies, syllabi for curriculum learning areas, minutes of departmental meetings, supervision reports etc.
• Take care of the welfare of the learners in the department, in terms of health and safety.
• Act as link person between the ECD department and school administration
• Assist the school Principal to coordinate school functions like sports day, prize giving, workshops and parents consultation days
• Attend Finance Committee meetings including procurement.
• Draw up the duty roaster and various timetables in collaboration with the TIC and Vice Principal
• Administer the enrolment of learners in liaison with School Principal, Vice Principal and TIC.
• Perform any other assigned duties by the school Principal and Vice Principal.
• 5 ‘O’ Levels including Maths and English; Certificate /Diploma in ECD with 5 years’ experience
• Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 24 November 2023.Please not applications will be screened as they come in and suitable candidates will be shortlisted for selection process.
Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the job reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: