Deadline: 29 July 2021 (COD)
Location: Mashonaland West, Gokwe North and Gokwe South
Duration : 11 months
Africa AHEAD (AA) is a national NGO founded in 1995 in order to address the needs of urban and rural communities through the Community Health Club (CHC) methodology. The objective of AA is to relieve sickness and poverty and promote good health by empowering communities in Zimbabwe. The organization pioneered the Community Health Club Approach and implements rural, urban, Developmental and Emergency programmes directly in-country, as well as providing a learning base for other countries wishing to start Community Health Club Program in the country and region.
AA’s vision is to empower women in particular so that, as leaders in a fully functional Community, they are able to effectively control all preventable diseases and substantially alleviate poverty in their areas raising living standards for their families.
In response to immediate humanitarian needs as well as contribute to the long-term, national strategy of empowering communities and strengthening their resilience to hazards in the future, AA will partner Action Against Hunger (AAH) in implementing an integrated WASH and Food Security Project in Mashonaland West (Kariba) and Midlands Province (Gokwe North and Gokwe South Districts)
AA therefore seeks the services of three (3) WASH Officers. The incumbents will be based in these 3 Districts working closely with relevant ministries.
The WASH OFFICER (WO) is responsible for the smooth running of the software and technical WASH aspects of the program in line with national and AAZ protocols.
He/she is expected to perform their duties according to standards of operation expected by AA, according to AA’s philosophy, principles and policies. In particular, the incumbent will maintain the highest level of procedural transparency for the organization and its donors.
The incumbent is expected to sign the Code of Conduct which describes the manner in which they should represent AA and behave in relation to other members of staff, project stakeholders and participants. The officer should also be familiar with AA policies that relate to their work (ignorance of AA’s policies and procedures will not be considered an excuse in incidences of malpractice).
The WO will provide WASH technical expertise in support of the AA’s projects. The WO will contribute to building sustainable household WASH behaviours among project beneficiaries and act as the focal point in the District of all WASH issues in liaison with relevant stakeholders. He or she is expected to fully contribute as an AA team member, conducting himself or herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the WASH unit.
The incumbent will work to a defined work plan with time-lines. A description of duties is set out below. However, other duties may be assigned, as appropriate, by the line-manager to enhance the smooth running of project in line with project and organizational goals.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide strategic and technical expertise on improving WASH activities in all interventions, including the following activities:
• Contribute to assessments in order to identify WASH needs in targeted communities
• Conduct WASH training and technical/software and assistance into AA activities
• Work closely with other Partner staff to integrate relevant WASH and FSL messaging in the Project and development of IEC material
• Recruit/Refresh and training of Community and School Health Clubs and IPC
• Ensure Hygiene Promotion through sensitisation and provision of staff, stakeholders and community trainings on COVID-19
Project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
• Support rehabilitation, maintenance and management of water points in areas of operation
• Support AA MEL processes by providing technical input on designing, reviewing, monitoring and evaluation of indicators and targets under the objectives
• Contribute to quarterly, annual and any other relevant Activity reports; data collection, and evaluation
• Document lessons learned related to WASH programming
Coordination & Representation:
• Organize and implement the WASH aspect of the Activity and ensure compliance with program guidelines.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with local WASH actors, including national and local governments, communities, private sector, other projects, NGOs, other donors, etc.
• Contribute to program/project design, implementation, learning, and monitoring, and evaluation through active collaboration with all team members
• Work closely with technical staff to integrate relevant WASH messaging across all interventions.
• Act as the program’s WASH representative in the district as it relates to WASH initiatives
Administrative and Other Duties:
• Prepare and submit sitreps/monthly/quarterly progress reports to the Programmes Manager related to water, sanitation and hygiene project indicators and standard and COVID-19
• Orient new staff and visitors on AA’s WASH activities
Qualifications and Experience
•Minimum Qualification: Degree in Public Health, Environment Health, or WASH related field with 5 years’ relevant experience in WASH and Primary Health Care
• Should be able to work with minimum supervision and possess strong stakeholder co-ordination skills
• Conversant with Government of Zimbabwe entry and exit protocols
• Ability to converse in English, Ndebele and Shona and good report writing skills
• Should be computer literate (Microsoft packages, statistical packages).
Experience of Training and Running Community Health Clubs A MUST!!!!
NB ; Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
• Applications and detailed curriculum vitae with the position clearly highlighted in the Subject line can be sent out to: firstname.lastname@example.org. While we value all applications received, we unfortunately can only respond to shortlisted candidates. Canvasing will disqualify applicants
About the organization: Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Program Officer ...
Under the Target, Accelerate and Sustain Quality Care (TASQC) for HIV Epidemic Control program, the Technical Officer will be a ...
A key purpose of the WHO Health System Strengthening Framework for Action is to promote a common understanding of what ...
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Technical Advisor under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief ...
Bindura University of Science Education is looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor: Optometry (2 Posts)
Salary: 500 - 100000 Expiry Date 09 Oct 2021
Posted by Bindura University of Science EducationView Full Ad