Location: Harare and Kadoma
Type of Employment: Contract
INDIFA Investments (Pvt) Ltd is a Zimbabwean organisation specialising in Property Development and Construction.
The incumbent Draftsman will become part of our team as an essential team player, in the feasibility, designing and
building of properties and specialised architectural or land use plans. An aptitude for architectural, construction, and
spatial drafting, as well as a willingness to work hard to build facilities that address housing challenges; will ensure
the incumbent draftsman becomes a key factor in our organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Create technical drawings based on given specifications and calculations including but not limited to layout plans, site plans, house plans and concept plans
· Scientifically saving sketches and drawings on our CAD server; keeping the server organised; updating project folders and files as jobs progress and revisions are made
· Comprehensively reviewing and checking sketches and drawings for errors, before being sent to relevant
departments such as Department of Physical Planning and Local Authorities as well as architects, subcontractors, project managers, etc
· Seeking clarity and understanding from planners, engineers and project managers when you are not 100% certain of something
· Work with professionals such as town planners, architects and engineers, who provide the product or structure's details
· Creating technical drawing or blueprints, working with a land owner, planning officer or architect to understand project requirements
· Production of Bills of Quantities, perform tendering processes and contract administration
· Printing of CAD drawings in various formats and packages, and delivering them to the correct contact in a timely manner
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the Planning Officer
Qualification and Experience
· National Diploma in Architecture/Urban and Regional Planning/Built Environment or related
· Deep knowledge and understanding of Draughting software such as AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, or Sketch Up
· Knowledge of GIS is an added advantage
· At least 2 years post qualification experience in the private sector
· Aged between 22-28 years
Qualities and Other Attributes
· A passion for doing high quality work and puts high attention to detail.
· The ability to think critically, innovates, and solves challenging technical problems.
· Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
· Being able to self-start and self-motivate when there is no one available to provide instruction
· Capacity to handle pressure and able to meet targets
· Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work times
· Willingness to travel on foot, public transport or driving if necessary
· Mental and emotional fitness
The Draftsman is a key position in our organisation, and is fundamentally the go to person for every drawing that
flows into or out of INDIFA’s premises. It is a position of great responsibility, requiring not only excellent CAD skills,
but also good communication skills, organisational abilities, and the strongest possible focus on quality. This person
is the keeper of all drawings, who sees sketches become drawings that ultimately become construction documents.
The Draftsman job description aims to highlight the multi-faceted role of the person creating, altering, and managing
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above requirements must respond by attaching a CV and a motivation letter to the following
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and in cc to email@example.com not later than 05 April 2020.