Plant Maintenance Supervisor
• Reports to the Regional Mining Engineer on all administrative aspects and to the Assistant Chief Mining Engineer (Mechanical Electrical) on all technical aspects, and is in charge of the day today running of the workshop.
• Supervise Artisans, semi-skilled Artisan, the Accounting Assistant and all workshop hands.
• Recommend leave for all workshop staff.
• Liaise with the Provincial Mining Engineer and Mining Law Administrative offices on all plant purchases and hire.
• Attend disposal sales, bidding for equipment on offer, and buying in of second hand equipment.
• Install and commission plants such as ball mills, crushers, James Tables, pump etc. on Small-workings.
• Organise and implement the collection of plant on hire from all bad debtors in liaison with the Accountant and the Assistant Chief Mining Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical).
• Follow-up all plants on hire, and enforce the plan agreement.
• Maintain and repair all plant on hire at the mining sites.
• Evaluate all plants bought for the plant hire scheme, especially second-hand.
• Train semi-skilled employees in welding, fitting and turning, and any apprentices attached to the workshop.
• Account for all workshop assets and stores.
• Journeyman Class 1
• 2 year experience in the equivalent grade
• Good communication skills both oral and written.
• Team player.
• Good computer literacy.
Candidates, (and especially women), with relevant experience in the public, private, and non-state enterprises domain in or outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applicants should submit five (5) sets of application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Birth certificate, Identity document academic and professional qualifications and should reach the Public Service Commission by 10 April 2020 addressed to: The Secretary Ambassador J. Wutawunashe Public Service Commission 9th Floor, Social Security Centre Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way HARARE
Email Applications to: email@example.com