Minerals Development Officer - Provincial Mining Office
• Investigate new areas of potential investment in mining for the Province and undertake technical-economic appraisal of the same.
• Monitor and analyse mining activities in the Province with the view to generate intelligence information.
• Compile and evaluate Provincial mineral production statistics.
• Monitor and maintain an up to date record of new and old mines as to their production levels, employment trends and revenue fluctuations in the Province.
• Monitor and develop strategies of encouraging small scale mining to grow into medium and large scale mining .
• Monitor and develop strategies for integration between large and small miners.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Degree majoring in Mining, Economics or Equivalent
• A post graduate qualification in public relations or community development qualifications or related field is added advantage.
• Ability to work in and advocating towards multi-stakeholder platforms and processes.
• Good communication skills both oral and written.
• Team player.
• Good computer literacy.
Candidates, (and especially women), with relevant experience in the public, private, and non-state enterprises domain in or outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applicants should submit five (5) sets of application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Birth certificate, Identity document academic and professional qualifications and should reach the Public Service Commission by 10 April 2020 addressed to: The Secretary Ambassador J. Wutawunashe Public Service Commission 9th Floor, Social Security Centre Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way HARARE
Email Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org