Communications, Advocacy & Mining Sustainability Officer -Provincial Mining Office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Formulate and apply a broad range of community development and engagement policies and strategies to ensure sustainable mining practices.
• Establish and build relationships between the Ministry of Mines and mining development and local mining communities.
• Formulate and coordinate the implementation of Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiatives by the mining sector.
• Apply asset-based community development (ABCD) strategies to implement mining community initiatives.
• Develop and maintain effective communication links with local mining communities across the 8 provincial mining provinces in Zimbabwe.
• Engage and coordinate with other stakeholders over mining communities ‘welfare issues.
• Advocate for socially and environmentally sustainable mining practices across the entire mining industry.
• Plan, design and execute a sustainable proactive advocacy and communication strategy and campaign s for the Ministry of Mines and Mining Development.
• Create and maintain a positive brand for the mining sector which attracts and creates sustainable investment in the sector.
• Publicize and promote the ministry of Mines and Mining development projects and events through various media houses and or platforms. Take minutes for the Hon Minister, Hon Deputy Minister and Permanent Secretary for all occasions.
• Degree in Development Studies, Social Work, Media Studies, Public Relations, Journalism, English & Communication, Communication Science or Equivalent.
• A post graduate qualification in public relations or community development qualifications or related field is added advantage.
• Ability to work in and advocating towards multi-stakeholder platforms and processes.
• Good communication skills both oral and written.
• Team player.
Candidates, (and especially women), with relevant experience in the public, private, and non-state enterprises domain in or outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applicants should submit five (5) sets of application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Birth certificate, Identity document academic and professional qualifications and should reach the Public Service Commission by 10 April 2020 addressed to: The Secretary Ambassador J. Wutawunashe Public Service Commission 9th Floor, Social Security Centre Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way HARARE
Email Applications to: email@example.com