Non-Energy Minerals Officer, Gold, Gemstones & PGMS
• Conduct technical due diligence on mining projects in gemstones and gold sector.
• Come up with research to advance gemstones and gold sector
• Liaise with investors intending to invest in gemstones and gold sector.
• Promote mining investment opportunities in the gemstones and gold sector to both local and international investors.
• Coordinate implementation of programs to enhance gemstones and gold output.
• Coordinate the implementation of policies aimed at formalizing small and artisanal miners in the gold sector to company with the Mines and Minerals Act as formal mining entities/ groups.
• Facilitates in the negotiation of investment deals in the Non-energy minerals mining sector
• Coordinates meetings with investors intending to invest in the non-energy minerals mining sector
• Facilitating investment in non-energy minerals through engagement with the necessary stakeholders
• Coordinates the collating and analyzing of national mineral production statistics for non-energy minerals and issue reports
• Facilitates in the promotion of mining investment opportunities in non-energy minerals to both local and international investors
• Facilitates Bilateral and Multilateral trade and economic agreements in the non-energy minerals sector with various countries and international organizations
• Coordinate the implementation of programs to enhance non-energy mineral resources output
• Coordinate the implementation of programs to enhance growth of small scale and artisanal gold miners into formal medium sized gold producers compliant with the Mines and Minerals Act
Degree in Mining Engineering, Geology, Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, Chemical & Process Systems Engineering, Exploration Geology, BSc Honours Geo- Hydrology or Equivalent.
Experience in Mining sector specializing in non-energy minerals such as precious and semi-precious (gemstones) stones and gold is an added advantage.
A post graduate qualification in Business Management, Finance and Investments, Marketing, Research is an added advantage.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Good communication skills.
• Team player.
Candidates, (and especially women), with relevant experience in the public, private, and non-state enterprises domain in or outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applicants should submit five (5) sets of application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Birth certificate, Identity document academic and professional qualifications and should reach the Public Service Commission by 10 April 2020 addressed to: The Secretary Ambassador J. Wutawunashe Public Service Commission 9th Floor, Social Security Centre Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way HARARE
Email Applications to: email@example.com