• Monitoring the preparation of samples bro ugh t to the laboratory for analysis.
• Analysis such samples and continuously keeping up to date internal standards samples for instrumental, titrimetric and gravimetric analysis.
• Maintaining analytical laboratory equipment in liaison with the engineering section and appropriates suppliers.
• Monitoring stock of reagents, glassware and other consumables in the analytical section as required.
• Monitoring accuracy and precision of instrumental techniques and correction of defects and instrumental drift, as they arise.
• Preparing weekly, monthly, annual analytic reports and budgetary estimates for the analytical section.
Researching into the refining of metals from any source as requested by the Chief Chemist
• Degree in Chemistry, Applied Chemistry or Equivalent
• Vast experience in Chemistry.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Good communication skills.
• Team player.
Candidates, (and especially women), with relevant experience in the public, private, and non-state enterprises domain in or outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applicants should submit five (5) sets of application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Birth certificate, Identity document academic and professional qualifications and should reach the Public Service Commission by 10 April 2020 addressed to: The Secretary Ambassador J. Wutawunashe Public Service Commission 9th Floor, Social Security Centre Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way HARARE
Email Applications to: email@example.com