Mining Engineer-Provincial Mining Office
• Inspect mines under jurisdiction with a view to enforce the mining and explosives regulations and other relevant mining laws in order to ensure safe working conditions.
• In-depth investigate and analyses all mine accidents, with a view to eliminating future recurrences.
• Conduct statutory examinations to ensure adequate supply of competent personnel for the operation of the mining industry.
• Examine and scrutinise all mine applications for exemptions/relaxations from the legal requirements.
• Ad vise small scale miners on mining techniques, safety, health and environmental issues
• Plan and control work of all subordinate staff
• Carry out any other function as may be assigned by the Regional Mining Engineer.
• BSc. Honours in Mining Engineering or Equivalent and Full Blasting License
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Good communication skills.
• Team player.
Candidates, (and especially women), with relevant experience in the public, private, and non-state enterprises domain in or outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applicants should submit five (5) sets of application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Birth certificate, Identity document academic and professional qualifications and should reach the Public Service Commission by 10 April 2020 addressed to: The Secretary Ambassador J. Wutawunashe Public Service Commission 9th Floor, Social Security Centre Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way HARARE
Email Applications to: email@example.com