Mining Engineer -Head Office
• Assist in the implementation and enforcement where applicable, of the following legislations:-
(i) The Mining (Management &Safety) Regulations, 1990;
(ii) The Explosives Regulations, 1989
• Assist in the following committees/boards:-
(i) The Mining Loans Sub-Committee and plan their;
(ii) The Board of Examiners of
Mine Managers Diploma (Lower and Higher);
Mine Managers' Certificate of Competency
Mine Surveyors' Certificate of Competency
Mine Engineers' Diploma;
Mine Engineers' Certificate of Competency;
Full Blasting Licence
• Assist in the following Boards:-
(i) The Mining Affairs Board
(ii) The Pneumoconiosis Board.
(iii) The Chamber of Mines Safety and Prevention of Accidents Committee
• Assist in all mining applications, including new projects, seeking the granting of foreign currency and is required to allocate priorities to such applications.
• Assist in ensuring that the Mining (Management and Safety Regulations, together with the Explosives Regulations, are adhered to.
• Assist in investigating all fatal and serious accidents.
• Assist in the processing of all mining machinery and equipment, plant hire applications to the Mining Industry Loan Fund.
• BSc. Hon ours in Mining Engineering or Equivalent and Full Blasting License
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Good communication skills.
• Team player.
Candidates, (and especially women), with relevant experience in the public, private, and non-state enterprises domain in or outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applicants should submit five (5) sets of application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Birth certificate, Identity document academic and professional qualifications and should reach the Public Service Commission by 10 April 2020 addressed to: The Secretary Ambassador J. Wutawunashe Public Service Commission 9th Floor, Social Security Centre Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way HARARE
Email Applications to: email@example.com