Geologist - Provincial Mining Office
• Plan visits to mining properties of various mineral deposits for monitoring and evaluation purposes of the whole Province.
• Mine evaluation including writing and monitoring mining activities in the Province.
• Manage performance appraisals and supervise activities of the Provincial Office.
• Monitor submission of samples to laboratory for analysis and evaluation of results.
• Keep a well-documented library on geological issues and technical reports.
• Conduct research on geological issues e.g. writing scientific articles for the departmental annals publications and promotional brochures on mineral commodities.
• Compile project proposals on mineral deposits of the Province on minerals yearly either for Donor funding, Departmental mapping, Ministerial policies and Government Joint Commission meetings.
• Work on SADC geology projects and expand the work for Departmental.
• BSc. Honors in Geology or Equivalent.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Good communication skills.
• Team player.
Candidates, (and especially women), with relevant experience in the public, private, and non-state enterprises domain in or outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applicants should submit five (5) sets of application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of Birth certificate, Identity document academic and professional qualifications and should reach the Public Service Commission by 10 April 2020 addressed to: The Secretary Ambassador J. Wutawunashe Public Service Commission 9th Floor, Social Security Centre Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way HARARE
Email Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org