Experienced Customs Clerks (Harare -1 and Beitbridge -1)
Trainee Customs clerk (Beitbridge)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Classifying tariffs & advising Supervisor the appropriate duties
• Liaising with Supervisor on any queries pertaining to the documents as and when necessary
• After quoting, request for Duty payment from client and once paid, authorization is given to Transporter to load cargo.
Register Maintenance and File opening
• Receiving & recording documents from drivers, transporters, agents and Harare Operations Admin. Records are all done in the incoming Register.
• Keeping records of outstanding files in the outstanding files register.
• Compiling monthly report of process, outstanding and opened files.
Framing of Bills of Entry
• Upon receipt of documents & clearing instructions from Supervisor and proceed with Tariff classification.
• Capturing data and registering Bills of Entry.
• After confirmation of correctness for submission into customs
• Splitting and attaching documents for submission into customs
• Handing over complete sets of documents to Supervisor.
Document Splitting & follow up
• Mating of original documents with file documents within 24 hours after release
• Entering details of documents on mail list memo.
• Filing all acquitted complete files
• Archiving files as soon as cabinets are full
• Communicating with stakeholders for update on release of trucks
Attending to Queries
• Attending to all Zimra queries
• Providing Accounts Department with Zimra statements
• Liaising with Zimra on Asycuda status as and when necessary
Post Clearance Activity
• Ensuring original customs cleared documents are in Harare for distribution to clients
• Invoicing of other extra charges incurred after clearance at the border e.g P.E, Storage and Permit charges
• Sending back processed documents to the border for corrections, if any
• Application letter
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae
• Diploma in Customs Legislation and Procedures.
• 5 O` levels including Maths and English
• Customs clerk – minimum 1year experience as a Customs clerk/ Trainee Customs Clerk.
• Trainee Customs Clerk – qualification in Customs Legislation and Procedures
Send CV’s & the required on our email: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop CV’s & requirements at: 1 Martin road. Msasa, Harare
Closing date of all applications is Friday 27th March 2020