Job Title: Livelihoods and Private Sector Engagement Manager- DanChurchAid
Reporting to: Head of Programme
Duration: 9 months – Fixed term contract
Deadline: 21 February 2020 (Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis)
A vacancy has arisen within DanChurchAid for Livelihoods and Private Sector Engagement Manager based in Harare. DanChurchAid (DCA) is an international organisation working in Zimbabwe through partnership with local organisations. DCA is seeking the services of a well-qualified personnel for its livelihoods programmes currently being implemented in partnership with local NGO partners.
Purpose of the Position.
The Livelihoods and Private Sector Engagement Manager will take lead in the management and implementation of all livelihoods and private sector nexus interventions under DCA portfolio
• Through the project, we will build the resilience of the people, neighbourhoods, and local authorities in urban areas in Zimbabwe.
• The manager will provide overall strategic direction and oversight while ensuring the projects are effectively implemented on schedule and to maximum benefit of the intended beneficiaries.
• Working closely with the Head of Programmes and other line managers communicate regularly with project partners, private sector actors, local and regional authorities, and local communities.
• Ensure nexus between livelihood interventions and other sectors in DCA.
• The position has a strong emphasis on business development, development financing market linkages and value chain development.
• Substantial experience (minimum 6 years) in supporting, working or investing in small and medium enterprises, with minimum of 2 years in a senior or leadership position;
• Working experience in development intervention would be an added advantage;
• Working experience on investment and banking sectors and ability to produce financial and accounting analysis;
• Strong knowledge and experience on retail and higher markets, financial and insurance markets, national and global financial and trade aspect, clear understanding about Value Chain Analysis, Risk
• Financing and Insurance etc;
• Experience on 'Risk Base Finance Model/Insurance Model' linking with the entrepreneurship, small/micro level enterprises etc;
• Skill to manage enterprise development initiatives, business management and planning, analysis of markets, analysis of competition, production planning, etc;
• Ability to financial projection, financial analysis, generating and reviewing financial information, income statements and cash-flows;
• Experience in portfolio management, fund development and management, in the commercial, or social/impact investment sectors;
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills; understanding of economic development and market-based programming; and of socio-economic context in the country;
• A strong commitment to gender equality; and direct experience in supporting women's empowerment, and rights-based approaches to poverty alleviation;
• Experience in negotiating and working with the Private Sector to build the capacity and link with smallholder producer organizations and small enterprises;
• Experience of partnership development, nurturing and management and alliance building and maintenance across actors and sectors;
• Demonstrable business plan development and financial analysis skills;
• Very good interpersonal skills & flexibility/creatively to work independently and within a dynamic environment, and across teams and partners;
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to write in the national language/s and in English, and to communicate with a variety of stakeholders;
• Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work according to deadlines; and manage budgets and projects;
• A network of relevant investment and development contacts to draw on.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Development Finance, Business Administration, Agriculture Economics or other related field required;
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in agriculture private sector;
• Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education;
• Experience working with livelihoods and private sector nexus;
• Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data;
• Experience using Microsoft Windows and Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment;
• Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners;
• Proactive, results-oriented, problem-solving and service-oriented;
• Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities;
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to operate independently with limited remote supervision;
Flexibility, and ability to react positively to changing circumstance DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualiﬁed candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation
Use the link below to a[applyView more information