Reporting to the Chief Technician, the Job exists to maintain the network in order to ensure continuous and sustainable connectivity
Key Performance Areas
Commissions new projects done by the Implementation Department to ensure adherence to Powertel standards.
• Configures new routers, switches, servers and nodes to allow remote access
• Installs backup power systems at base stations.
• Plans maintenance and rehabilitation schedules for all nodes.
• Attends and resolves network faults relating to: VPN through troubleshooting; UTP cable and power inspections (on converters and switches)
• Repairs and/or replaces faulty components or fibre where necessary.
• Attends to SDH faults by attending to configuration faults and enlisting the services of the Network Controller for other faults.
• Assists the Engineer in troubleshooting and resolving faults.
• Maintains backup power systems through monitoring the condition of batteries and carrying out SG tests where necessary.
• Offers technical support for network software related issues on Local Area Network.
• Assists the Marketing Department with technical solutions for potential and existing customers.
• Delegates work, sets performance targets and conducts performance appraisals for all staff under own control.
• Manages staff discipline, resolves grievances and resolves disputes/conflicts in an objective, ethical and professional manner through administering the Code of Conduct and Grievance Procedure.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Technician
Qualifications and Experience
• Five Ordinary Levels including English Language and Mathematics
• National Diploma in Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• Two (2) years relevant work experience
• Telecommunications apprenticeship training a distinct advantage
• Membership of a recognized professional institution
Other Personal Attributes
• Excellent communication skills
• High levels of analytical skits
• Ability to work beyond normal working hours
It is not company policy for any prospective job applicants to pay the organization or any of its employees any fee towards the recruitment process. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send clearly labelled applications indicating position applied for. All applications must include certified copies of academic and professional certificates accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted not later than 12 August 2022 addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager (A)
Powertel Communications Pvt. Ltd.
16 Birmingham Road, Southerton, Harare
P.0 Box 7600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (for posts A to E) email@example.com (for posts F and G) ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
A Geo-Technical Laboratory has a vacant position of trainee administrative Technician.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts:
The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) is a statutory board mandated to ensure the provision of a level playing field ...
We are looking for vibrant and dynamic individuals to fill the above positions. Reporting to the Estate Manager, the incumbents ...