Deadline: 1st December 2023
Zvandiri is a community organisation which through its Zvandiri programme, integrates community prevention, treatment, care and support for children, adolescents and young people living with HIV. Works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) and National AIDS Council in implementing these interventions with funding support from different funding partners.
The overall responsibility of the Technical Assistant is to work closely with Governments and implementing partners to support adoption and delivery of the Zvandiri model with fidelity. The role also includes ensuring the project is implemented in accordance with the funding partner requirements. The Technical Assistant reports to the Project Coordinator
• Technical Expertise: Provide specialised technical assistance and guidance on paediatric and adolescent HIV testing, treatment, care and support, mental health and SRH, including implementation of the Zvandiri model with fidelity. This includes providing guidance on implementing project activities, troubleshooting problems and resolving technical issues.
• Capacity building: Deliver on-site training and mentorship to enhance the knowledge and skills of Government and implementing partners. This includes ensuring that training materials, implementation tools and resources are localised and up to date.
• Program support: Development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a technical assistance plan to guide support activities, in collaboration with Government and local implementing partner. Tracking of project reach and impact.
• Quality Improvement: Collaborate with Government and implementing partners to implement quality improvement initiatives, ensuring adherence to national and international standards.
• Collaboration: Work closely with other experts, health care providers and stakeholders to ensure the integration of services and alignment of project activities as per requirements of the Zvandiri model.
• Documentation: Document technical assistance activities, impact, lessons learnt and best practices to support knowledge sharing and future replication.
• Reporting: Preparing unit reports highlighting any challenges and successes including lessons learned.
Professional Qualifications, skills and experience
• Degree in health or social sciences and a Master’s degree in public health is an added advantage
• A minimum of five years’ experience in coordinating the delivery of Zvandiri through working with government in Zimbabwe
• Experience in the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to Governments and implementing partners to establish, deliver, monitor, evaluate and document the Zvandiri model with fidelity.
• Excellence in communicating the Zvandiri model, its purpose, vision and impact, and an ability to engage and inspire stakeholders to partner and collaborate with Zvandiri
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the holistic management and support of children, adolescents and young people living with HIV, across HIV, mental health, SRH and other aspects of their care.
• Excellence in strategic thinking, adapting to different contexts, whilst maintaining the integrity and fidelity of the Zvandiri model.
• Ability to work with individuals from different cultures
• Can easily adapt in any environment and works well within a team
• Excellence in critical analysis, problem solving and report writing
• Knowledge of the local language is a strong advantage
To apply for this position please CLICK this BUTTON to complete job application form and send a 2 page CV and application letter to email@example.com
Please indicate expected salary in your application letter and position being applied for in the email subject.
Deadline: Mid-day on 1st of December 2023.
Zvandiri is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. ZVANDIRI has zero tolerance for any form of harassment and staff are expected to uphold the organizational values and core competencies especially diversity and inclusion, integrity, commitment, and respect for others as our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.