LOCATION- GADZEMA, CHEGUTU
Overview of the role
The position exists to administer overall safety, health, environmental and occupational functions
within the company. It also ensures adherence to policies and procedures, as well as giving support
and advice to all divisions on their different safety relations issues to ensure the organisation operate
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in identifying potential hazards and risks in the workplace and participate in risk
2. Collaborate with the SHE team to develop and implement control measures to mitigate risks
and promote a safe working environment.
3. Assist in conducting incident investigation, support incident investigations, including
accidents, injuries, and near misses.
4. Assist in the development and delivery of safety training programs for employees, contractors,
5. Contribute to the development and implementation of emergency response plans.
6. Support environmental management initiatives, such as waste management, pollution
prevention, and biodiversity conservation.
7. Participate in safety committee meetings and provide input on safety-related matters. Act as
a liaison between the SHE department and other departments to promote a culture of safety
8. Effectively communicate safety, health, and environmental policies, procedures, and initiatives
to all levels of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Occupational, Environmental, health and safety.
• Safety, Health and Environmental Background is essential.
• At least 2 years' experience in a mining industry.
How to Apply
Send your CVs and certified copies of certificates to email@example.com /submit hardcopies
at reception not later than 13 February 2024. Applications received outside of the stated channel
will not be considered.