The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic Learning (ODeL) University in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant positions that have arisen at the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Salaries Clerk: Human Resources Unit (2 Posts)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sorting out salary input.
2. Payroll data capturing for both Full-time and Part-time staff;
3. Maintaining a register of all requisitions for the payment of Part-time teaching staff;
4. Checking for the authenticity and any arithmetic/mathematical errors on the Part-time claims and any other claims for payment before they are processed into the payroll;
5. Checking input to ensure accuracy of the data capturing process before payroll is finalised;
6. Filing of all payroll documents as directed by the Assistant Salaries Officer;
7. Ordering and maintenance of a stationery register for the Salaries Section;
8. Attending to queries and enquiries;
9. Preparing payslips;
10. Printing and filing of payroll summary reports; and
11. Performing any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Salaries Officer
Qualifications and Experience
1. Diploma in Human Resources Management/Training Management or Labour Relations (IPMZ) or Diploma in Human Resources Management from a recognized Examination Board such as Institute of People Management of Zimbabwe (IPMZ) or Higher Examinations Council (HEXCO);
2. Certificate in Payroll administration is an added advantage;
3. Knowledge of Belina Payroll software is an added advantage;
4. Five (5) ‘O’ level passes including English language and Mathematics; and
5. At least one (1) relevant working experience.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
• in PDF format as a single document to: email@example.com
• as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
NB PLEASE NOTE THAT, POSTS 1, 2 & 3 ARE A RE-ADVERTISEMENT. THOSE WHO APPLIED PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT RE-APPLY AS THEY SHALL BE CONSIDERED. HOWEVER, THEY CAN UPDATE THEIR APPLICATIONS IF THEY SO WISH.
Applications should be received not later than 14 August 2022.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to
Cnr. Machel Ave and L. Takawira St.