Deadline: 1st December 2023
Zvandiri is a community organisation which through its Zvandiri programme, integrates community prevention, treatment, care and support for children, adolescents and young people living with HIV. Works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) and National AIDS Council in implementing these interventions with funding from various funders.
The Research Associate will be mainly responsible for supporting research projects by conducting protocol submissions for ethical clearance, mobilisation and enrolment of research participants, data management, preliminary analysis of results and maintaining files for project researchers.
The Research Associate will be working under the direct supervision of the Research Coordinator and responsible for supporting the development of research proposals, implementation of new and existing research projects, dissemination and sharing of research outcomes. The RA will also support the advocacy teams in lobbying for the use of research results within and outside the organisation among other duties. The Research Associate will be expected to:
• Support the compilation of all required documents and submissions to the relevant Institutional Review Board (IRB).
• Facilitate IRB approvals for all research protocols and support the processes required for all IRB approvals to stay up to date.
• Assists in testing and reviewing research tools.
• Filling of research proposals, IRB approvals and other research administrative documents
• Maintain all required regulatory documentation including correspondence with relevant IRBs
• Support research project implementation according to good clinical practice (GCP), ethical principles as guided by the IRB, and the research protocol.
• Develop plans and lead the enrolment of research participants including mobilisation, screening, consenting, recruitment, follow-up, and retention.
• Assist in data collection, storage, transcription, and translation.
• Support research data cleaning and preliminary analysis and reporting writing
• Reporting of any serious adverse events or social harm to the Research Coordinator timeously.
• Participate in all research projects trainings.
• Support the Research Coordinator to supervise the data collectors who may include the Community Adolescent Treatment Supporters (CATS) as applicable.
• Documentation of all participant visits and reimbursement per study protocol; accurate completion and maintenance of all field logs to track study progress and other files.
• Participate in regular research team debriefing meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, health sciences or related field.
• At least 2 years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative interviews (in-depth interviews and focus group discussions) for a research study.
• A young person with proven experience in conducting research in health facility settings and communities in Zimbabwe
• Good knowledge and understanding of HIV programmes in Zimbabwe, specifically the issues of children and young people.
• Good understanding of research methodologies and research ethics
• Demonstrable experience in conducting research and or community trainings.
• Good organisational skills, including effective time management and ability to meet deadlines
• High computer literacy
To apply for this position please click the button below to complete job application form and send a 2 page CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate expected salary in your application letter and position being applied for in the email subject.
Deadline: Mid-day on 1st of December 2023.
Zvandiri is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. ZVANDIRI has zero tolerance for any form of harassment and staff are expected to uphold the organizational values and core competencies especially diversity and inclusion, integrity, commitment, and respect for others as our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.