The Health Professions Authority Zimbabwe (HPA) is the apex health regulatory body in Zimbabwe whose mandate is to coordinate the functions and operations of all health professions councils in Zimbabwe, entertain appeals that relate to the same councils, while also inspecting, registering and regulating all health service providing institutions in Zimbabwe. The following vacancy has arisen in the Authority:
Public Relations Officer
The Public Relations Officer will report to the Secretary General who is also the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinating all public relations activities, including communicating Authority's goals.
2. Planning promotion, publicity and campaign strategies.
3. Developing a media relations strategy.
4. Handling media interview requests, enquiries from the public and the press.
5. Creating content for media coverage, key note addresses and presentations.
6. Publishing news-letters and magazines, as required by the Authority.
7. Organising workshops, conferences and exhibitions.
8. Preparing publicity brochures, handouts, leaflets, promotional videos and photographs.
9. Updating and maintaining information on the Authority's website.
10. Maintaining a keen understanding of health trends affecting the industry.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Degree or Diploma in Public Relations / Communications / Journalism I Media Studies
1 Marketing or a related discipline.
2. Proven 3 years working experience in public relations, print or broadcast media.
3. Strong relationships with local and national media outlets.
4. Exceptional communication skills orally, in writing and editing.
5. Skilled in broadcast or print media interviews and presentations.
6. Computer literate, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to prioritise and plan.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a detailed CV not later than 15 April 2021 to:
The Secretary General
Health Professions Authority of Zimbabwe
7 Ross Avenue, Belgravia
P.O. Box A410, Avondale
OR E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Opportunity Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Global Digital ...
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe Company: Plan International Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and ...
About Transparency International Zimbabwe (TI Z) is a non- profit, non- partisan, systems-oriented local chapter of the international movement against ...
Position summary A local development organization is on the lookout for a recent graduate / student in the final year ...
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance electronic Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that ...
Salary: 500-100000 Expiry Date 08 May 2021
Posted by ZOU - Zimbabwe Open UniversityView Full Ad