NSSA is an organization undergoing a transformation journey to position itself as a modern and relevant entity that delivers real value to its members through responsive social security services. In addition, we strive to stimulate economic activity, generate foreign currency, and create jobs for the benefit of Zimbabweans. The new NSSA conducts its business in an honest accountable, and transparent manner and we seek to recruit like-minded individuals in the following areas:
Reporting to the Principal OSH Promotions Officer, the successful candidate will assist organizations adopt and implement OSH sound management systems and practices in order to reduce or eliminate occupational accidents and diseases at the workplace.
• Conduct safety and health surveys in workplaces in order to identify OSH gaps and come up with preventive and corrective measures to mitigate against occupational accidents and diseases.
• Inspect, register and deregister factories, elevators, escalators and construction sites to ensure public safety and compliance with the requirements with the Factory and Works Act. Inspect dusty occupations to ensure compliance with the Pneumoconiosis Act.
• Arrange and assist with Regional medical clinics, special meetings and make appointments for workers with doctors and medical institutions for treatments, operations and disability assessments.
• Assess organizations for OSH performance to encourage OSH excellence.
• Provide information on OSH through posters, magazines and pamphlets to maintain the flow of up-to-date information on safety and health to industry.
• Carry out campaigns for safety seminars, workshops and conferences.
• Advise employers and employees and their organizations on current information and legislation on OSH.
• Work in partnership with other stakeholders with similar OSH objectives.
• A Degree in Environmental Health and Science, OSH or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in occupational safety and health promotion work.
Key Competencies and Characteristics
• Understanding of Factories and Works Act and its Allied regulations
• Good presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
Sound knowledge of health surveillance approaches
Those interested in pursuing this opportunity should either hand delivery their applications with CV's and certified copies of professional qualifications to NSSA House Cnr Sam Nujoma (2nd Street)/Selous Avenue Harare. Or, alternatively post their applications to; The Deputy Director- Human Resources National Social Security Authority P.O. Box CY 1387 Causeway Harare. OR Email : April21recruits@nssa.org.zw To reach not later than close of business on Friday 2 April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Starting Date: 1 June 2021 Location: South East Lowveld Zimbabwe Background The Savé Valley Conservancy (SVC) was established in 1991 ...
Lower Mazowe Sub-Catchment Council is a statutory board which was established according to the regulations in the Water Act Chapter ...
Applications are invited from suitably and experienced individuals for the above post.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions that have arisen within the Environmental Management Agency ...