CURE is seeking a highly motivated Operations Manager at its Child Hospital in Bulawayo Zimbabwe. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day (routine) general services and operational functions of the hospital. These functional areas may include but are not limited to: housekeeping, security, patient registration, kitchen/food services, facilities, biomedical, equipment, logistics, vehicles, and technology. The Operations Manager may also share in the overall management of some functions over construction projects in partnership with the CURE Project Engineer. The Operations Manager functions with a high degree of autonomy so as to prevent the Executive Director from having to regularly divert their attention to the day-to-day (routine) general services and operational issues of the hospital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES DUTIES:
• Provides day-to-day management and leadership to assigned general services/operational area team leads, and seeks to create a climate of trust, teamwork, communication, collaboration and accountability. Ensures that day-to-day issues are prioritized and addressed.
• Leads the development and implementation of systems, policies and procedures for assigned areas, which support and align with the overall strategic direction of the hospital, and which support operational compliance.
• For assigned areas, reviews and evaluates systems, policies and procedures, identifies those that are obsolete or ineffective, and formulates new systems, policies and procedures that will improve operational efficiency and hospital effectiveness.
• Participates in the development of the annual hospital budget. Establishes business and operational plans for assigned areas that support and align with the approved budget. 5. For assigned areas, plans and implements general management control practices to prevent fraud, waste and abuse of resources in assigned areas. Creates and maintains a climate of resource stewardship.
• Reviews and maintains contracts, vendor agreements and other documents related to the operational functioning of the hospital.
• Manages the facilities, equipment and maintenance functions of the hospital. 8. Manages the following general services; transportation (logistics), Security, Kitchen, Laundry and Housekeeping.
• Produces periodic reports as required by the Executive Director, MSC Senior Director, Facilities and/or the Technical Services team.
• Facilitates professional development for assigned team leads. Empowers team leads to increase their level of independent decision making.
• Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS/EDUCATION NEEDED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Technical background (i.e. Engineering) is an added advantage.
• Minimum of three (3) years progressively, responsible administrative management experience. Previous supervisory experience required.
• Good problem solving and decision making abilities.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure, and prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills and project management abilities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Proficient in computer literacy and ability to learn new software.
• Be passionate about the mission of CURE.
Apply online, visit the website below.View more information
Reporting to:Nurse in Charge Location:Chitungwiza Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract Project Summary The Target Accelerate and Sustain Quality Care ...
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe Company: Plan International Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and ...
Our thriving organization in the Healthcare Service Industry is seeking to recruit a qualified Messenger/Rider who will be responsible for ...
The Nursing Director (ND) is a key position in the hospital’s leadership, overseeing all nursing care and integral in quality ...
Who we are With over 45 years of experience working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the ...
Salary: 500-100000 Expiry Date 24 Jun 2021
Posted by PSI - Population Services International in ZimbabweView Full Ad