Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Operations Engineer to join its Information Systems Technical team. The main purpose of the role is to provide technical support to the organisation with particular emphasis on applications and infrastructure, research and trend analysis on technology, including knowledge management support.
• Ensures that organization wide applications and peripheral systems are working correctly through uptime monitoring, and rating checks.
• Performs user access management as per prescribed policy to ensure that system users have access that is commensurate with their job descriptions.
• Assembles, analyzes, and communicates facts, evidence, and expert opinions on applications and infrastructure performance to key stakeholders.
• Provides technical advisory services on new technology functionality and peripheral systems, in line with business objectives and user requirements.
• Facilitates the change control process for system enhancements for approval by senior management.
• Develops and plans the near and long-term mobile money network architecture and capacity needs relating to mobile money & payment related value-added services.
• Performs technical feasibility studies on new emerging technologies.
• Performs disaster recovery and other tests for the organizations systems and infrastructure in consultation with the system vendor(s).
• Trains customer service and other stakeholders on organization wide applications.
• Makes recommendations on feasibility of organization wide technical projects
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
• A relevant vocational qualification Linux Certification, Oracle Certification is an added advantage.
• 4-6 years' experience in the IT industry with more emphasis on programming using a Relational Database Management System (RDMS).
• Must have a sound knowledge of mobile money, VAS technology, payment services and platforms.
• Extensive knowledge of banking systems like Globus T24 with at least 2 years of hands on operational support.
• Knowledge of at least one Systems development methodology, Objected Oriented Language i.e. C#, Java, at least one fourth generation programming language on UNIX, Windows and Linux operating system platform.
• Application Systems experience in a telecommunications environment will be an added advantage. • Experience in IS Support and project management is an added advantage.
• Sound Database programming skills in the following: INFORMIX, ORACLE, SQL. • Working knowledge of Windows based operating systems & UNIX.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating the position "Operations Engineer" in the subject area by the 19th of July 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
A leading company in retail and manufacturing invites applications from the following:
Applications are invited front individuals with suitable qualifications and experience for the following posts.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above named position that has arisen at Group IT & ...
Co-ordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of projects with regards to budget, scope and delivery time.
Bindura University of Science Education is looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor: ComputerScience /Information Technology (1 Post)
Salary: 500 - 100000 Expiry Date 09 Oct 2021
Posted by Bindura University of Science EducationView Full Ad