Zvandiri is a local PVO which through its Zvandiri programme, integrates community prevention, treatment, care and support for children, adolescents and young people living with HIV. Works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) and National AIDS Council in implementing these interventions with funding from various funding partners.
The Office Assistant/ Receptionist responsibility responsibilities will be to office supplies such as stationery and refreshments are adequately in stock, support safety and security activities, supervise the office cleaners and gardener. The Office Assistant/ Receptionist will provide general front desk coverage including receiving guests, answering, and directing incoming calls, ensuring cleanliness of the Zvandiri reception area appearance and mail distribution. S/he also provides a variety of administrative duties in support of the Human Resources department including but not limited to scheduling interviews, communicating with candidates, filing, booking venues, scheduling appointments, ensuring S/He must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion. This role is very diverse and requires the ability to multi-task, take independent initiative, properly organize and prioritize to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities. Must embrace a strong customer service mentality and function with a high degree of professionalism.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Track office supply inventory and order office supplies, as needed, using cost-effective approach.
• Manning the reception including handling incoming calls and receiving visitors and guests.
• Ensuring that the boardrooms and reception area are always clean.
• Process and distribute office mail, type, and distribute correspondence, make copies, etc.
• Maintain orderly conference rooms, workrooms, kitchens, and lobby.
• Filing of HR related documents.
• Overseeing the office cleaners and gardeners ensuring that staff offices are clean and surroundings.
• Provide HR related support including scheduling appointments, maintaining records, and providing process-related guidance and information to employees.
• Assist HR in key aspects of hiring process which will include job postings, correspondence with applicants, scheduling interviews, creating interview files and booking venues, etc.
• Support timesheet reconciliations.
• Leave reconciliations.
• Support internal team-building events by coordinating logistics and setup.
• Travelling logistics of management including booking of air tickets accommodation and perdiems.
• Manage resource scheduling utilizing Microsoft Outlook calendars (e.g. conference rooms, hardware).
• Support Zvandiri safety and security functions i.e by ensuring the fire equipment service dates are up to date, all Zvandiri offices have safety and security signs and assembly point.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in Administration or related.
• A secretarial diploma is a distinct advantage.
• At least 1 – 2 years post graduate experience
• Experience providing HR support is a plus.
• Receptionist experience is must.
• Effective time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
• Experience with MS Office suite of applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
To apply for this position please Click The Button Below to complete job application form and send a 2 page CV and application letter to email@example.com
Please indicate expected allowance in your application letter and position being applied for in the email subject.
Deadline: Midday 13 February 2024
Zvandiri is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. ZVANDIRI has zero tolerance for any form of harassment and staff are expected to uphold the organizational values and core competencies especially diversity and inclusion, integrity, commitment, and respect for others as our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.