The Nursing Director (ND) is a key position in the hospital’s leadership, overseeing all nursing care and integral in quality improvement initiatives. The ND supports and mentors the nursing staff, performing periodic individual assessments and guiding professional development. The ND interfaces with the nursing leadership from elsewhere on the CURE Network, developing policies and reporting adverse events. The ND works closely with the Doctor-in-Charge and surgical team on infection control protocols and the hospital’s Covid-19 response.
1. Overall administration of the department of Nursing (wards/ICU/Quality/infection control) to include planning, organizing, staffing, coordinating, controlling, reporting and budgeting.
2. Develops, maintain and implement nursing policies that conform to the updated standards of nursing practice.
3. Manage, supervise and coordinate the development and implementation of the goals, objectives and priorities for the nursing area(s).
4. Implement management strategies that promote efficient and effective health care delivery.
5. Oversee implementation and adherence to CURE nursing policies, procedures, and standards.
6. Ensure and lead continuous quality service improvement and accreditation initiatives,
in-service education programs, unit meetings and committee functions as assigned.
7. Collaborate with the Medical director, HODs and other external institutions for the improvement of health care services.
8. Develop and implement an annual health plan for nursing services to include Strategic goals and objectives in liaison with the department supervisors.
9. Develop and coordinate quality assurance programs for nursing services and monitor compliance with the standards and ensure that the quality of nursing meets patient needs.
10. Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence on nursing related issues.
11. Liaise with the Ministry of Health, Nursing Council of Zimbabwe and other related bodies in matters affecting nursing services
12. Ensures that processes needed for the Quality Management System/Infection Control are reviewed, revised, implemented and maintained.
13.Oversee the quality inspections and implementation of quality programs.
14.Ensure development and implementation of policies, guidelines and procedures of all departments
15.Recommend quality tools and techniques to be used in measuring CURE’s quality performance and variations; and solving quality problems
16. Establish systems of surveillance and reporting of hospital infections
1. Minimum Bachelors of Science in Nursing, with a current license to practice with no restrictions
2. Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing practice, with experience on a paediatric surgical unit highly preferred.
3. Masters in any field will be an added advantage
4. Minimum of five years of relevant experience in a management position.
Candidates to send their application letter and CV to email@example.com
About the organization: Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Program Officer ...
Under the Target, Accelerate and Sustain Quality Care (TASQC) for HIV Epidemic Control program, the Technical Officer will be a ...
A key purpose of the WHO Health System Strengthening Framework for Action is to promote a common understanding of what ...
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Technical Advisor under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief ...
Bindura University of Science Education is looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor: Optometry (2 Posts)
Salary: 500 - 100000 Expiry Date 09 Oct 2021
Posted by Bindura University of Science EducationView Full Ad