APOPO is a Belgium Humanitarian Demining Organization that operates in Zimbabwe and is looking for:
Mechanic Driver (Sango Border Campsite/Masvingo Office)
Responsible to: Support Manager
• Operate APOPO vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and strictly obey traffic laws at all times.
• Transport staff, volunteers, and official visitors to authorized destinations, ensuring that all passengers wear seatbelts. (Note: some travel may be for one or more overnights).
• Drive APOPO vehicles to support operations in the field.
• Observe good safety and security practices with passengers; i.e., ensure that all passengers delivered at night are indoors before departing.
• Do safety checks and maintain vehicles are in safe and clean operating condition, including washing of vehicles.
• Fuel vehicles, check oil, transmission fluid and coolant levels, and check air pressure in tires.
• Do general maintenance service including but not limited to changing oil, changing transmission fluids, tune-ups, change tires and brakes.
• Ensuring safe keeping of vehicles and its tools
• Make sure motor vehicle are licensed and insured timely
• Maintain professionalism, maturity and operate with confidentiality of information of superiors or employer
• Act as assistance to the office/ Camp duties and readiness to travel mission as requested
• Perform any other duties assigned by superiors
• Clean class 2 driver’s license
• Defensive certificate
• Medical certificate
• 5 o’ levels
• At least 5 years driving experience
• Experience in driving 4x4 vehicles in difficult road conditions
• Retest is an added advantage
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position they are applying for in the subject line by 27-07-2021 COB
Masvingo Province candidates will be given first preference.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHORTLISTING WILL BE DONE ON A ROLLING BASIS AND THEREFORE APPLICATIONS MIGHT CLOSE BEFORE THE DUE DATE IF A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND.
One of our clients is looking for a Heavy Vehicle Driver to be based at their Kadoma branch. The incumbent ...
The Society wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Driver that has ...
Deadline: 30 September 2021 1 year fixed term contract A local organisation seeks the services of a driver.
An organisation seeks a driver with 5 O' levels and a CLEAN class four drivers licence. Must have a minimum ...