We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel, widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world.
Our activities include all aspects – exploration, mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa we have mining operations in the Northern Cape, a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape, and a head office in Centurion, Gauteng,
People. Process. Performance.
You’ll keep sight of it all.
As a Clerk Finance you will be responsible for Sundry Payments, Reconciled statement, Invoice verification and General Administration
The quality and long life of our mineral assets are the foundation of Anglo American’s global business, so we are driving towards a more sustainable approach to mining.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Our innovation-led approach to sustainable mining – FutureSmart Mining TM – applies novel thinking and technological advances to address mining’s major challenges. We are using the latest technology and cutting-edge mining software – from spatial data visualisation to artificial intelligence – to lessen environmental impact, while also enhancing safety. Our high performing teams pursue and adopt ever safer and more responsible ways of working; constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us
To manage and safeguard explosives in the magazine as per legal requirements.
• Transportation of explosives within area under local jurisdiction.
• Adhere to permitted times of delivery of explosives.
• Updating explosives register book and monitoring stock levels to ensure that adequate stocks are kept in the Magazine.
• Ensuring lighting conductor is inspected as per S.I 72 of 1989.
• Ensuring that earth leakage tests are conducted.
• Identifying actions that could prevent and improve safety and work performance
• Ensuring high standard of safety in section and familiarize yourself with the necessary regulations relating to the safe operation of your area of responsibility.
• A recognized degree or Diploma in Mining Engineering.
• A full blasting license and NEC certificate.
• At least 2 years hard rock mining experience in trackless mining.
• Must be able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
How to apply
CLICK VIEW MORE INFORMATION BUTTON
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.View more information