Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates, to fill in the position of Lion Research Officer that has become vacant within the Gonarezhou Conservation Trust. The Lion Research Officer position will be reporting to the Head of Research and Monitoring and will be responsible for developing and implementing a project on lion population dynamics within Gonarezhou National Park and its surrounding areas. This position is going to be on a Fixed Term Contract, valid for 2 years. People living in and around Gonarezhou National Park are encouraged to apply. (Hardcopies of applications can also be dropped at Malilangwe Entrance Gate, Chipinda Pools offices, Mabalauta offices and Makonde offices).
• Developing a project implementation plan and field work schedule for the proposed lion project in Gonarezhou National Park.
• Planning and conducting collaring, camera trapping and call-up surveys with a focus on understanding lion population dynamics.
• Developing a database and ID kits of lions found within the Gonarezhou National Park landscape.
• Establishing a protocol for collecting data on lion spoor along the borders of Gonarezhou National Park.
• Undertaking field work, capturing, and analysing data for the lion project.
• Liaising with other departments, stakeholders, and tourists about the lion project and data requirements.
• Submission of monthly activity reports detailing the work done.
• Compiling a comprehensive report at the end of the project with major findings and recommendations for adaptive management.
• Participating in meetings and presentations where requested.
• Contributing to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
• A Bachelor of Science Degree in the fields of Ecology, Natural Resources, Forestry and Wildlife or Biological Sciences.
• A Master of Science or PhD qualification will be an added advantage.
• Field experience working with wild carnivores is a prerequisite.
• Ability to work independently in remote areas for extended periods of time.
• Good oral and written English communication skills.
• Good computer skills with basic knowledge of Microsoft office packages (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint ).
• Clean class 4 driver`s license.
(JOB REF: SOS/16/5/22) Position title: Field Officer- WASH Plastic Fischer Project Working location: Waterfalls Supervisor: Family Strengthening Coordinator with Technical ...
Assist in the maintenance of the Product Certification System in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065
The Southern Africa Development Community Secretariat (SADC) is seeking to recruit highly motivated and experienced professionals who are citizens of ...
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions that have arisen within the Environmental Management Agency ...