Zvandiri is a community organisation which through its Zvandiri programme, integrates community prevention, treatment, care and support for children, adolescents and young people living with HIV. Works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) and National AIDS Council in implementing these interventions with funding from various funders.
The Junior Accountant provides complete financial services to the organization addressing all issues of a finance nature and providing all relevant information to meet internal and external demands. These services may include but are not limited to any of the following managing project financial transactions in compliance with the organisational policies and procedures in preparation of budgets, financial reports, monitoring program budgets, maintaining existing accounting financial systems and efficient document management system.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage day-to-day program cash flows and assist with maintenance of bank accounts.
• Review and track all project payments to ensure accuracy and proper coding of invoices.
• Support the management accountant in the preparation of institutional financial reports.
• Develop and submit timely and accurate financial program reports and cash requests to donors, as well as provide any financial and/or administrative requests or discrepancies.
• Maintain records of all fiscal documents with appropriate support materials
• Update and maintain organization files including but not limited to audit, tax, legal, contracting, and regulatory documents.
• Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
• Preparation of bank and cash reconciliations monthly
• Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and check for accuracy for the Finance Manager’s review.
• Management of small grants and ensure timely submission of donor reports.
• lead in preparation of financial reports.
• Closely monitor program budgets
• Liaison person between finance and mobile money service providers.
• Participate in the audit preparation process and ensure all documents are audit compliant.
• Fulfilment of any other tasks assigned by the management accountant
• Bachelor of Accounting/Finance
• 3 years related experience.
• Experience working in an audit firm an added advantage.
• Local Law on financial management, Tax knowledge and good knowledge of International Accounting Standards.
• Knowledge of managing federal awards USAID, CDC, SDC
• Possess good analytical and Interpersonal Skills.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Able to handle confidential information appropriately.
• Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and handling multiple tasks.
• Self-motivated, independent and proactive
To apply for this position please click the button below to complete the job application form and send a 2-page CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate expected salary in your application letter and position being applied for in the email subject.
Click THE BUTTON BELOW
Deadline: Mid-day on 6th of December 2023.
Zvandiri is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. ZVANDIRI has zero tolerance for any form of harassment and staff are expected to uphold the organizational values and core competencies especially diversity and inclusion, integrity, commitment, and respect for others as our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.