Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
6. VICE CHANCELLOR’S OFFICE
6.1 INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducting tests on networks and applications: design tests to break into security protected networks, computer systems and web-based applications to look for vulnerabilities;
• Physical security assessment: conduct physical assessments of server systems and network device security. In these physical assessments, you look for ways to exploit vulnerabilities and design solutions to security issues such as temperature, vandalism, humidity and natural disasters;
• Conducting security audits: conduct security and network audits to evaluate how well the University’s systems conforms to a set of established criteria;
• Analysing security policies: Organizations enforce security policies that identify procedures and rules for accessing and using their IT resources;
• Writing security assessment reports after conducting your research and tests; and
• Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or Information Security or equivalent and three (3) years experience in information security or cyber security and must be a Certified Ethical Hacker Training (CEH). Applicants with a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an added advantage. The applicants must have knowledge of information security standards and procedures, strong working knowledge of operating systems, databases and cyber security issues and principles. In addition, candidates should possess knowledge of authentication, authorization, and access control methods.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P O Box 1235
Or email applications to email@example.com as a single PDF file.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 19 August 2022.
We are inviting applications from suitable candidates for a Computing, Networking and Security Systems Engineer vacancy.
We are inviting applications from suitable candidates for a Unified Communications and Collaboration Systems Engineer vacancy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts:
This is a position of strategic importance to the University which requires a highly motivated, innovative and solution focused leader. ...