Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is one of the leading organizations working in mine action worldwide. 70 countries are affected by landmines, cluster munitions and other Explosive Remnants of War (ERW), NPA works in 28 of them. NPA is implementing a Humanitarian Mine Action and Disarmament Programme in Manicaland Province with offices in Mutare, Zimbabwe and is looking for dynamic people to join the organization. Recruitment is currently being conducted for the position of Information Management Officer.
1. Ensure all documents and reports produced from all sites are uploaded on the program’s SharePoint workspace following the file naming guidelines.
2. Update the current map on area covered for progress checking.
3. Upload on SharePoint and internal NPA Arc GIS to give an update on area covered.
4. Carries out ongoing updates during operations to ensure availability of accurate and latest information which is used for decision making.
Database and Operational Statistics Maintenance
1. Assist the Programme Manager and Operations Manager in carrying out analysis of operational data when required.
2. Maintain an operational database
3. Assist in managing the overall delivery of the data and information in an effective and efficient manner by working closely with the Global Information manager Advisor (GIMA) located in HO.
4. Submit monthly reports to HO via SharePoint after the OM’s approval.
5. Ensure all GIS related dataset is maintained in a structured and hierarchical manner.
6. Ensure all reports on SharePoint are complete, consistent with standards and are of acceptable quality.
7. Maintain and update SharePoint on a regular basis and ensure that the quality of the data is up to the set standard
8. Provide support and guidance on usage of the data and updated dataset to the external stakeholders, after it has been approved.
9. Maintain records of clearance conducted and ensure that data received from the field is validity, complete and accurate.
10. Review information on square metres provided from Supervisors for each team daily and updated information into the system.
System Development and Maintenance
1. Design the data collection system to suit needs of different users and formats to ensure that it is user friendly.
2. Consult Management on the format required for easier retrieval of data from the system e.g. pictures, charts, tables and excel formats
3. Conduct Quality Control and update current database on SharePoint.
4. Ensure compliance with NPA global policies and guidelines on Information Technology in cooperation with the GIMA.
1. Conduct periodical IM related trainings to field data collection staff and other relevant staff on how to effectively use I.M tools or any other IM and IT trainings when necessary.
2. Conduct Capacity building on computer related training for all computer users within NPA Zimbabwe.
3. Develop IT training materials, system documentation, templates and other relevant documents related to I.T in close dialog with the GIMA and OM.
4. Conduct basic and first-hand IT user trainings at NPA offices when required, e.g.: MS-Office, GIS, Google Earth and basic Windows.
5. Liaise with NPA programmes within the region on training on the internal system used by NPA
6. The person will be working hand-in-hand with ZIMAC on mine action data reconciliation in IMSMA
1. Provide maintenance and repair of informatics hardware, software and networking services when possible or contact external service providers
2. Ensure Internet and internal system connection for all NPA offices and computers, field users and Programme Manager’s residence and that all staff has access to shared resources such as printers, scanners, internet etc.
3. Provide upgrading system when required, data backup, anti-virus installation and update and internet security to all users.
4. Provide remote and on-site I.T. troubleshooting support to all users at the main office and field camps.
5. Ensure all software used is genuine and authentic and timely update compatible software for easier operating.
6. Assess needs and requirements of IT equipment at the office and camps and make recommendations to GIMA.
7. Provide remote or direct assistance to field offices as required.
- At least HND/Degree in ICT or Computer Science
- Affiliation to relevant body
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar environment.
- Class 4 driver’s is a must
To apply, please write application letter, full CV with traceable references and email to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date is 26th September 2021.
NPA is equal opportunity employer and Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
A local company based in Harare seeks to recruit vibrant and well experienced individuals to fill the position of IT ...
A local company based in Harare seeks to recruit a vibrant Trainee IT Support Manager who will provide system support ...
Zimbabwe Free Range Poultry Association (ZFRPA) is looking for qualified and experienced persons for the following positions on contract basis ...
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the above-mentioned vacant position. This position has the ...
The Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (PRAZ) Is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following positions ...