Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA), an equal opportunity employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Spearhead the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the organization’s strategic plans;
• Facilitate the cascading down of the Authority’s strategies from corporate level down to divisions, sections, stations and individuals;
• Strategy analysis – continuous critical analysis of strategy and ensuring that organizational goals are properly inter-connected, synchronized, compatible and mutually supportive and thus avoiding the possibility of
having divisions working at cross-purpose with each other;
• Continuously carry out external / internal environment analysis and recommend strategic interventions in line with the changes in the operating environment;
• Ensure that the basic organizational purpose or mission is well defined and recommend modifications as circumstances change;
• Contribute in the formulation of organizational policies that will ensure smooth operations of the Authority;
• Coordinate and report to planned strategic and adhoc planning conferences and workshops;
• Facilitate the implementation of the Authority’s Integrated Results Based Management (IRBM) performance management system;
• Evaluate and recommend major strategic interventions linked to the Authority’s Corporate Plan;
• Facilitate feedback and follow-up on strategic initiatives, tasks and assignments given to divisions, committees and individuals to ensure that strategic goals are met;
• Monitor and evaluate the Authority’s strategic performance and recommend strategic intervention to improve performance;
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and adhoc organizational strategy performance reports;
• Facilitate effective and timely communication of the Authority’s strategy to both internal and external stakeholders;
• Develop and implement of the Authority’s new innovation hub;
• Harness innovation ideas from both internal and external stakeholders and develop them into new solutions for the Authority;
• Coordinate and ensure the successful implementation of the Authority’s Change Management programs;
• Ensure adherence to the tenets of the Authority’s Performance Management System within the section and;
• Manage the section’s resources both human and financial as well co-coordinating the budget process for the Strategy & Innovation Unit.
Job Skills and Competencies
• Good presentation and analytical skills;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to identify and drive solution process;
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English;
• Should have thorough knowledge of controls and good corporate governance techniques;
• Should have high levels of computer literacy;
• Good organizational and time management skills;
• Strong inter-personal skills and;
• Self-starter who can work under pressure.
Qualifications and Experience
• A first-degree Business Studies, Strategic Management, Economics, Operations Research, Finance or any other related business / science degree;
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Economics, Operations Research, Finance or equivalent is a MUST;
• At least three (3) years working experience in a strategic planning environment at management level;
• Knowledge of Performance Management Systems such as the Balanced Scorecard and / or IRBM is an added advantage and;
• Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 24 April 2021. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Responsible for administration and profitability of allocated branches
Applicants are invited to apply for the following job post Key Relationships and Department Overview: Internal: Retail Manager, Country Management ...
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Commercial team in Harare as Country Manager - ...
Responsible for the operations and profitability of the branches in Bulawayo