Job Description: Reports to the Deputy Director. The role involves developing and managing material and resources used as part of the Climate action Planning Program and leading on the GHG inventory development work stream.
• Formulating climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives to help build resilience against climate change.
• Develops, plans and implements oversight of new and ongoing climate change mitigation field projects.
• Assessing GHG reduction opportunities and developing city level climate action strategies and plans.
• Provide guidance and strategic direction to the development and implementation of GTF’s climate change mitigation work.
• Guide and provide quality assurance in the design and strategic monitoring and evaluation of mitigation projects and initiatives.
• Coordinating and developing a Climate Change policy for the organization that includes emission reduction goals.
• Assisting corporates and communities to establish and implement Greenhouse Emissions Reductions and Climate Change Adaptation programs
• Communicating, consulting and liaising with key stakeholders in support of community Greenhouse Emissions Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation programs.
Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management, Renewable Energy or any related field.
• Significant experience in government, business or NGO sectors with focus on sustainability and/or climate change.
• Innovative and proven strategic thinking capabilities.
• Passionate about cities, climate change and evidence based climate action.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements can email their CVs accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: Friday 14 January 2022.
Note: Clearly state the applied position in the subject of the email.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Paynow for young, ambitious, and highly motivated graduates to join our vibrant team. Paynow ...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for young, ambitious and highly motivated graduates to enroll for the SPAR Retail Operations Graduate ...
Deadline: 25 January 2022 Location: Midlands, Mashonaland East, West and Central About ZNNP+ is an umbrella body that represents the ...
Deadline: 21 January 2022 Location: Harare About Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered ...