Location: Bulawayo (Primary location)
Purpose of the Position:
The Graduate intern will support the GTD team in the day-to-day operations of World Vision Zimbabwe's management information systems, providing innovative and client-oriented ICT support to office and field staff. This Internship Program offers a unique opportunity to recent graduates to gain professional experience, boost career profile and expand skill sets.
• Provide technical user support to all Field Staff
• Maintain the information security of all systems by deploying antivirus and antispyware updates to remote sites (i.e. Area Programs and Relief districts).
• Participate in ICT research, projects and proffer recommendations for the improvement of ICT services and strategic use of business applications.
• Provide user training to staff on acceptable and optimal usage of ICT equipment, applications and policies;
• Perform research, evaluate products and vendors to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and for outsourcing of hardware repairs and of other highly specialist areas.
• Assist the IT Officer in dealing with the workload to ensure that services are delivered and maintained at the agreed levels.
Knowledge and skills required:
• A degree in Information Technology/ Information Systems/ Computer Science/Informatics or similar.
• Basic knowledge of Service Management and ITIL Framework.
• Appreciation of Customer Support, Networking, Helpdesk and endpoint device
• At least one year work related learning or volunteer experience in ICT.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated good character, honesty, high competency.
• A desire to work with and gain experience in a multicultural, humanitarian environment is required
Submit your application letter, CV, copies of academic certificates, and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be addressed to: The P&C Business Partner, World Vision Zimbabwe. Your email subject line must be Application for GTD Intern Position. Advert closes on November 16, 2023 at 12 PM.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.