Join us and provide overall management and be accountable for the engineering and asset management across a clearly defined portion of the complex operation.
By looking after our assets, you'll become an asset too.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people's dreams.
We are at the forefront of change in our industry; innovating with purpose – pushing boundaries to create new opportunities and demonstrate our values. As the custodians of precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we rely on our high-performing teams to combine integrity, creativity and smart innovation with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Reef identification, ore control, underground mapping, rock mass data collection and rock mass monitoring services in underground operations.
• Ensure reef and correct position of mining cut are marked at the start of the mining cycle
• Collect and update stope width measurements in MRM Systems
• Coordinate and control all stay on reef sampling for accurate reef identification
• Track ore movement from sections and eliminate ore dilution
• Perform daily Panel Risk Assessments in active mining bords and ensure adherence to ventilation, rock engineering, and relevant mining standards.
• Maintain production sections updated in terms of geological and geotechnical mapping.
• Capture all mapping and update plans in Microstation/Broadstroke
• Conduct borehole camera inspections and generate fracture logs
• Check and ensure adherence to support and pillar cutting compliance
• Assist miners in re-entry and TARP procedures
• Diploma in Geology or Higher National Diploma in Geology.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Geological Technician.
• Platinum mining experience will be an added advantage
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environment systems
• Knowledge of blasting practices, possession of mine blasting license, strata control certificate or experience in strata control/rock mechanics will be an added advantage
Click View More Information ButtonView more information