Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions that have arisen within the Environmental Management Agency (EMA) - on equal opportunity employer.
• Position: ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER - EDUCATION AND PUBLICITY
Station: MASVINGO PROVINCE
Reporting to the Provincial Environmental Manager, the job holder will be responsible for promoting a good image of the Environmental Management Agency and educating the public about environmental issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts environmental education and awareness activities targeting all stakeholders (schools, tertiary institutions, communities).
• Coordinates and conducts capacity building training programmes on all stakeholder groups not limited to industry and commerce, insurance sector, medical sector and telecommunication sector.
• Coordinates all corporate branding i.e. reception area, new buildings, banner, and promotional wear.
• Monitors activities taking place within the province and directs complaints to relevant authorities.
• Manages EMA social media handles. Gives feedback to customers and the public using various social media platforms, toll free line.
• Coordinates and writes periodic and ad-hoc reports (monthly, annual, events reports)
• Carries out customer satisfaction surveys.
• Develops public relations strategies to influence public opinions or promote EMA's ideas to the public.
• Coordinates and organises national and international exhibition events.
• Establishes partnerships and synergies with stakeholders.
• Seeks corporate sponsorships for EMA's projects and programmes.
• Coordinates and organises commemorations as per national events calendar.
• Responds to requests/ publications/ and corrects statement made against the Agency.
• Coordinates and manages the publication and distribution o environmental literature such as leaflets, brochures, stickers booklets and calendars and any publications as required.
• Coordinates all anti-littering programmes and wash management projects (national clean ups).
• Prepares speeches, media alerts, and press releases for the Agency's Management.
• Carries out research on EMA's effectiveness in communication with clients.
Qualification, Experience and Competences:
• A first Degree in Environmental Management, Nature Resources Management, Geography & Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources Management or any other relevant related qualification.
• At least 3 years of experience in the environmental field.
Interested candidates should submit applications with detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 26 September, 2022 to:
The Human Resources Manager Environmental Management Agency
685/6 Corner Lorraine/Faber Drive,
Please note that communication will be made to shortlisted
Identifying and raising awareness of SHEQ issues in the work place.
The British Embassy in Harare is looking for a dynamic and capable climate adviser to join its Green Growth Team. ...