Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
6. VICE CHANCELLOR’S OFFICE
6.1 INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
6.1.1 Enterprise Infrastructure Services Manager (1 Post)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Building, managing and mentoring cross functional team of network and hardware Engineers/ Technicians;
• Strategically aligning infrastructure projects and deliverables to overall University ICT goals;
• Overseeing the development of corporate ICT standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and technology transfer that supports desired enterprise-wide University business objectives;
• Analysing and implementing new interfaces and subsystems, break down complex issues and collaborate across cross-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner;
• Providing tactical contribution and technical leadership throughout the conceptual, design and implementation stages of product development;
• Optimising and maintaining the network to ensure high availability of systems and internet connectivity;
• Analysing, designing, implementing, testing, documenting and maintaining the University’s ICT and Telecommunications systems;
• Responsible for the University’s ICT asset register;
• Documenting and implementing technical and operational procedures to improve efficiency;
• Directing staff from the infrastructure services group in development of project plans, maintenance plans on University infrastructure, and resource allocation for technical support to the schools;
• Leading and motivating the team which may include induction, training & development of new staff to the department, performance management development reviews and probationary assessments; and
• Any other duties as the University may assign from time to time.
Applicants must have a Masters Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, a first degree in the relevant field and five (5) years relevant working experience. Applicants should have a proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT, digital and network transformation projects. In addition, applicants must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P O Box 1235
Or email applications to email@example.com as a single PDF file.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 19 August 2022.
We are inviting applications from suitable candidates for a Computing, Networking and Security Systems Engineer vacancy.
We are inviting applications from suitable candidates for a Unified Communications and Collaboration Systems Engineer vacancy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts:
This is a position of strategic importance to the University which requires a highly motivated, innovative and solution focused leader. ...