Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above vacancy in the Roads Division of the Department of Works in the City of Harare.
POSITION: ENGINEER ZONES (1 POST)
REPORTING TO: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
LOCATION: CLEVELAND HOUSE
Responsible for administration, planning, organization, execution and monitoring of operations relating to maintenance of existing road network, construction of new roads and management of resources
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Conducts visual road inspections/surveys, determining scope and prioritizing maintenance interventions to address road defects in Zones.
• Plans, organizes and guides the Zones/Area Superintendents on road maintenance and improvement activities in their respective zones/areas.
• Resource procurement and scheduling for zones/area maintenance activities, tracking and reviewing work progress and ensuring that work is done to specifications.
• Robust controls and asset management.
• Preparation of Reports.
• Guides and mentors subordinates.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• At least two years working experience in an engineering field.
• Should have undergone a structured graduate trainee program with a reputable organisation.
• Membership of the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers or other relevant Institution is an added advantage.
• Clean Class 4 Drivers Licence an added advantage.
• Knowledge of road construction/maintenance equipment, materials, methods and standards
• Project planning, organizing, implementation, evaluating and prioritizing skills;
• Able to use road and storm water design software like
AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• Report writing, Communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer applications related to the work.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
One of our Client is looking for a fitter and turner to join their team immediately.
Experienced electrician sought to manage all electricals of the company. Females arehighly encouraged to apply
Applications are invited for the following senior positions that have arisen in the University:- Engineering Workshop Technician (1Post) The Workshop ...
Servicing, repairing and maintenance of earthmoving plant and machinery including compressor, tractors, excavators, mobile cranes, hydraulic platforms , stand by ...
A well established organisation is looking for energetic individual to join their dynamic team. The suitable candidate will have a ...
Salary: USD500 in... Expiry Date 01 Dec 2021
Posted by Oxford RecruitmentView Full Ad