The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) is a statutory board mandated to ensure the provision of a level playing field for safe reliable and sustainable energy supply through effective regulation. ZERA seeks the services of a highly competent professional and results oriented individual who is able to take the organisation to higher level in the following role: FIXED TERM CONTRACT ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR - MUTARE REGIONAL OFFICE
Reporting to the Senior Electricity Engineer, the KEY job functions of this position will be:
• Monitoring the electricity energy efficiency and renewable energy sectors for compliance of set regulations codes and standards through inspections
• Conduct electrical accident investigations and prosecution in terms of legislation
• Assist in conducting infrastructure and energy audits.
• Assist in accurate compilation and analysis of electrical industry statistics
• Assist in the development of sector awareness material
• Provide support at shows, exhibition and stakeholder consultation workshops.
• Provide accurate input for departmental and other reports.
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Four years minimum working experience in the electricity generation, transmission or distribution sectors.
• Good appreciation of the electricity sector, renewable energy and energy efficiency
• Good working knowledge of sector legislation.
• Good public relations skills.
• Excellent verbal end written communications skills.
Application Procedure Prospective candidates for this position should email their CVs to email@example.com 8 October 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Female candidates are encouraged to Apply