JF Kapnek Zimbabwe a registered PVO 1/86 which has been operating in Zimbabwe since
1986 whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs is seeking to fill the vacancies below:
Job Title : ECD Graduate Intern
Reporting to : ECD Programme Officer
Location : Harare with possible travel to the districts
Main Purpose of the Job:
JF Kapnek's work on education aims to improve access to ECD services for children from rural districts through implementing an integrated ECD model (IECD). The IECD program has the following components to make it a comprehensive package of services for children ECD
nfrastructure improvements; Positive Parenting; Supporting child protection committees;
School-based health assessments; Supplementary Feeding; Early Infant Stimulation Pilot
Project; and Inclusive ECD learning. The intern will play a supporting role in the
implementation of ECD projects including program development and providing administrative support. Additionally, he/she will assist the programme officer in providing technical support, building capacity, and mentoring community volunteers, parents, and caregivers in various core program areas of ECD to ensure children in the target communities have a better start in
• Assist in the development and implementation of ECD programs focused on child
health and nutrition and early learning interventions, including creating educational
materials, training resources, and monitoring tools.
• Support the coordination of project activities, including scheduling meetings,
preparing agendas, and taking minutes.
• Assist in data collection and analysis related to child health and nutrition indicators,
such as growth monitoring, immunization coverage, and school feeding.
• Assist in rolling out the integrated economic strengthening activities including ISALs
for ECD caregivers.
• Contribute to the preparation of project reports, presentations, and other
• Collaborate with team members to ensure the smooth implementation of ECD child
health and nutrition projects.
• Support enrollment of children with disabilities in ECD and community-based early
• Maintain accurate records and documentation of project activities and outcomes.
• Assist in documenting child health and nutrition best practices, policies, and
interventions in the field of early childhood development.
• Stay up to date with current research and trends in child health and nutrition and
contribute to the development of evidence-based interventions.
Functional skills and knowledge:
• A strong understanding of principles of child development from a family centered
• Knowledge of international guidelines on ECD
• Good stakeholder engagement and coordination skills
• Ability to work independently and within teams.
• Strong interest in child health and nutrition, with a commitment to improving the well-
being of young children.
• Excellent research and analytical skills, with the ability to gather, analyze, and
synthesize information from various sources.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and data analysis
• Good communication in local languages, and English speaking/ and writing skills.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in ECD, public health, Nutrition, Child Development, Social work,
Development studies or a related field.
• Postgraduate qualifications in Monitoring and evaluation, programme management will
be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in programmes related to early identification and
childhood development, OVC and economic strengthening.
How to apply
Submit your application via this button below
JF Kapnek Zimbabwe has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the
upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child
protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Zimbabwe Child Protection Policy.
JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Deadline: 19 November 2023. Applications will be considered as they are received.