Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions that have arisen within the Environmental Management Agency (EMA)- an equal opportunity employer.
District Environmental Technician (20 posts)
Reporting to the District Environmental Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing the technical support in the implementation and enforcement of the Environmental Management Act [CAP20:27] and its ancillary legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities entail the following;
• Enforcing provisions of the Act through inspections and prosecution.
• Conducting soil, air, water and folia sampling to ascertain the state of the environment.
• Maintaining registers of points licensed in terms of the Act.
• Processing license applications.
• Assisting in the implementation of ISO 17020.
• Implementing and commercializing environmental projects utilizing scientific data generated.
• Assisting with education and awareness campaigns.
• Mapping of ecologically sensitive areas.
Qualification, Experience and Competences:
• Diploma in Environmental Management, Geography and Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Chemical Engineering, Mining, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
• At least one year experience in the field.
• Good reading skills.
Interested candidates should submit applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates not later than 20 April, 2021 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Environmental Management Agency
685/6 Corner Lorraine/ Faber, Bluffhill
P.O. Box CY 385
Please note that communication will only be made to shortlisted candidates.
Starting Date: 1 June 2021 Location: South East Lowveld Zimbabwe Background The Savé Valley Conservancy (SVC) was established in 1991 ...
Lower Mazowe Sub-Catchment Council is a statutory board which was established according to the regulations in the Water Act Chapter ...
Applications are invited from suitably and experienced individuals for the above post.
We are growing! Almond Africa is looking for suitably qualified personnel to fill an opening within our company as a ...