The District COV-FAB nurse will provide both program oversite and actual vaccination services for the vaccination campaign that will be supported by ZACH in three districts of Chikomba, Mutoko and UMP of Mashonaland East Province towards achieving 70% vaccination coverage. The District COV-FAB nurse will work under the guidance of the MoHCC technical supervisor at District level.
• Planning and coordinating COVID-19 district vaccination mobilization and outreach vaccine administration activities in the supported district;
• Oversee logistics to ensure vaccine availability, adherence to cold chain and adverse event monitoring systems;
• Supervision and coordination of ZACH hired mobilization and vaccination staff (mobilizers and locum nurses); Collaborate with health promotion unit to facilitate adequate mobilization;
• Ensure availability of transport for mobilization and outreach vaccination administration activities up to waste management (where required);
• Oversee and ensure proper documentation in all relevant registers, support routine data collection, daily, weekly and monthly and ensure timely reporting;
• Facilitate daily, weekly, monthly reporting of vaccination activities, this includes compilation of routine and ad hoc reports as required and submit these to relevant stakeholders;
• Represent ZACH in provincial, district Covid-19 related forums.
• Works under the direction of the DNO or facility in-charge to provide the following services:
• Maintain COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Protocols and adhere to all health and safety procedures to ensure safety of staff and clients;
• Determine clinical suitability for COVID-19 vaccination, including identifying any contraindications; Assess the client’s readiness for vaccination. Address any concerns, conduct clinical assessment, and obtain consent for vaccination;
• Management of Vaccine and Cold Chain through proper vaccine storage under specified temperatures. Assist with monitoring and recording of refrigerator temperatures;
• Ensure cold chain equipment e.g., cold boxes are in good working order before setting up a vaccination station;
• Check vaccine before administration and report any concerns to the Nurse-in-charge and cross-check that vaccine batch numbers are recorded under the correct client; Administration of the vaccine to consented and assessed individuals; Proper waste disposal as per Waste Management Policy;
• Provide appropriate emergency management of Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFIs); Estimate daily vaccine requirements before removing vaccines required from the main storage EPI fridge; Mobilisation for Vaccination;
• Work with health promotion unit, facility Nurse-in-Charge, facility nurses, and Community Health Workers to mobilise clients within health facilities and community for COVID-19 vaccination;
• Recording and Reporting; Document vaccination details in client’s records. Use an electronic and paper-based patient recording system; Submit accurate and timely activity data as required;
• Record, monitor and report Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFIs). Submit weekly and monthly activity reports.
• Registered General Nurse or Certified Nurse qualification with minimum 3 years post qualification experience, Community Health Nursing is an added advantage;
• EPI program management experience at minimum district level or Incident Command knowledge, COVID-19 vaccination experience are added advantages;
• Extremely organized and able to adapt to changing situations.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates to submit certified copies of academic and professional certificates, National Identity card/certificate, CV and a motivational letter addressed to:
• E-mail Address: email@example.com
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen in the University: ...
About Mercy Corps Mercy Corps partners with communities as they move from a place of fragility to resilience, meeting urgent ...
The District Health and HIV Assistant(s) is responsible for supporting the District Health Officer in health domain interventions. The role ...
Hivos’ Urban Futures (UF) program (2023-2027) aims to contribute to more inclusive, climate-resilient cities and urban food systems, where young ...
The Centre for Conflict Management and Transformation (CCMT) is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Harare. We work to transform the ...
Working with global and national colleagues, the Campaign Lead will be responsible for the design, management and delivery of the ...
Salary: competitive Expiry Date 03 Apr 2023
Posted by SightsaversView Full Ad
Reports to: Provincial Technical Officer and PEDCO The Covid-19 vaccination coordinator will provide both programmatic and M&E oversite for the ...
Expiry Date 31 Mar 2023
Posted by Zimbabwe Association of Church-Related Hospitals: ZACHView Full Ad
Institute for Community Development in Zimbabwe (ICODZIM) is a registered women founded women led and for women organization currently operating ...
Salary: TBA Expiry Date 27 Mar 2023
Posted by Institute for Community Development in Zimbabwe (ICODZim)View Full Ad
The Finance Officer will be responsible and accountable for Finance and Project Operations matters in the Country Office and ensures ...
Expiry Date 25 Mar 2023
Posted by Christian Blind MissionView Full Ad
Deadline: 24 March 2023 About ZNNP+ is an umbrella body that represents the interests of people living with HIV in ...
Salary: TBA Expiry Date 24 Mar 2023
Posted by ZNNP+ - Zimbabwe National Network of PLHIVView Full Ad