Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund (ZIMDEF) was established by the Manpower Planning and Development Act [Chapter 28:02] with a broad objective of financing the development of critical and highly skilled manpower in Zimbabwe. The broad objective of ZIMDEF is to finance the development of critical and highly skilled manpower through a one percent (1%) Training Levy paid by registered companies in Zimbabwe. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions that have arisen in the Fund - an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring collection of Manpower Development levy by overseeing and coordinating all revenue sections and that levy due to the Fund is collected in an effective and efficient manner.
• Develop and implement the Fund's Revenue Collection Strategy and setting up of levy collection targets in order to uphold the mandate of the organization.
• Evaluate on a regular basis the efficiency of levy collection procedures according to organizational objectives and initiate improvements.
• Evaluate overall performance on levy collection by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and relevant metrics.
• Formulate policies and strategies on operational issues which include: levy collection, registration of new clients, debt management and judicial management in order to facilitate the achievement of the Fund's mandate.
• Keep abreast of developments in system changes in operations management to keep abreast with technological advancement.
• Develop strategies to manage pilferages and implement initiatives to reduce operational costs.
• Understand and comply with the regulatory framework in relation to Manpower Development levy collection in Zimbabwe.
• Manage revenue performance and generate revenue reports for effective decision making purposes.
• Work together with the Human Capital Development department to create and implement succession plans for key management and supervisory positions and advance cohesion between various internal departments.
• Supervise, guide, control all staff in the division to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency, discipline and compliance with policies, guidelines and procedures
• Approve divisional/regional strategies and provide input to ensure divisions/regional activities are coordinated and synergised towards a common goal
• Ensure that the Fund resources are mobilised accordingly through effective implementation of revenue collection strategies.
The incumbent will ensure the growth of the Fund through development of new business
Qualifications, Competencies and Work Competencies
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent and post graduate qualification e.g. MBA/MBL/Strategic Management
• Corporate membership to a professional body
• At least 10 years' experience of which 5 years should be at Senior Management level
• Good leadership and interpersonal skills
• Thorough understanding of Government Policies and Procedures
This is a senior position for which the Fund offers congenial working conditions.
Applications in writing, giving details of qualifications and experience should be received by not later than 29 February, 2020 and should be delivered to:
The Human Capital Development Manager
Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund
18572 Off Mother Patrick Avenue Rotten Row
P. Bag CY7739 Causeway
All applications must be accompanied by proof of qualification.
ZIMDEF-Your Partner in Human Capital Development
We are looking for a professional Chief Operations Officer. You will help improve our cooperative and member-owners' performance and profitability.
The BA acts as the client relationship manager and is responsible for consulting with the business to understand its problems, ...
Tsapo Group of Companies is a fast-growing organisation in the motor industry and is seeking the services of a General ...
JOB DESCRIPTION Agricultural Research Council (ARC), a parastatal in the Ministry of Lands, Fisheries, Agriculture, Water and Rural Development, position ...
Applications Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:- The Dean reports to the Pro-Vice ...
Salary: TBA Expiry Date 23 Sep 2022
Posted by Harare Institute of Technology HITView Full Ad