Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
6. VICE CHANCELLOR’S OFFICE
6.1.3 Devops Engineer (1 Post)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Building, installing, configuring, maintaining and administering server platforms and operating system components for client/server systems;
• Maintaining telephone servers and call management systems;
• Administering active directory, e-mail, backup and related systems;
• Assisting with the development and integration of new tools for compliance with business unit requirements;
• Researching and making recommendations on server system administration;
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization;
• Installing and upgrading computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes;
• Providing documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure;
• Performing or delegating regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures;
• Developing and testing backup and restoration procedures;
• Testing and installing critical upgrades and security patches;
• Coordinating with systems engineers and technical support team to provide support to escalated problems; and
• Maintaining server documentations on hardware and software.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have a Masters Degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent plus two (2) years relevant working experience OR at least a first Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent plus four (4) years post qualification experience. Applicants must have knowledge of end user interactions with Active Directory concepts and integrations in a Windows and Linux environments. In addition, applicants must have ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to email@example.com as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P O Box 1235
Or email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 19 August 2022.
We are inviting applications from suitable candidates for a Computing, Networking and Security Systems Engineer vacancy.
We are inviting applications from suitable candidates for a Unified Communications and Collaboration Systems Engineer vacancy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following posts:
This is a position of strategic importance to the University which requires a highly motivated, innovative and solution focused leader. ...