Musasa is committed to addressing Gender-Based Violence in Zimbabwe. Musasa intends to utilize learning and capacity developed for engaging men in the fight against GBV, to transform their engaging in violent behaviour related to inter- and intra-communal conflict including towards women and girls. Core to this approach will engage with men around their constructions of identity, power and use of violence in order to come up with an effective male engagement approach.
Description of tasks
• The Male Engagement/GBV Prevention Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the GBV Specialist to complete the tasks outlined below:
• Support integration of GBV prevention approaches in Musasa programming; Advise and support the program to strengthen the engaging men component, including transition support community activism, ensuring the program retains the focus on cantering the voices, needs and accountabilities towards women and girls;
• Design and conduct formative research on social and gender norms to inform the Program Design and curriculum adaptation (linked to identities, inter-generational and interpersonal relationships, violence and power and emotional coping strategies);
• Adapt evidence-based curriculum for gender-transformative male engagement for behaviour change and positive masculinities, building on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support approaches;
• Develop monitoring and evaluation methods and tools to measure GBV prevention behaviour and social norms change as defined within program indicators and based on formative research;
• Provide ongoing mentoring to male engagement facilitators and supervisors to strengthen their technical capacities.
Required Skills and Experience
• Academic Qualifications/Education: Master’s Degree in public development studies, economics, political or social sciences or a related field.
• Experience: Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in gender based violence, male engagement in GBV programming and development;
• Experience in analysis, definition and implementation of gender and development policies, strategies or programmes, particularly relevant for the local/regional level (proven through specifically listed related documents);
• Experience in facilitation and coaching of small groups of participants (proven through specifically listed related events).
Grace Life Foundation is a welfare philanthropy organization that was founded in February 2018 with the aim of helping disadvantaged ...
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Culture (ADG/CLT), the functional ...
Project Officer x2 (Buhera, Chimanimani/Chipinge) Purpose of the Position The Project Officer-Education/DRR is responsible for implementing project’s field level activities ...
Provide leadership in design and implementation of accountability, monitoring and evaluation systems and tools for sector specific Technical Programmes including ...
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers ...
Salary: 500-100000 Expiry Date 03 Jul 2021
Posted by ZOU - Zimbabwe Open UniversityView Full Ad