The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic Learning (ODeL) University in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant positions that have arisen at the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performing the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) on the University’s strategic information systems resources;
2. Preparing Threat and Risk Assessment Register;
3. Participating in University systems-wide Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery Planning, and Incident Response Plans;
4. Communicating risks and recommending on how to mitigate risks;
5. Overseeing all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of the University’s information security policies and procedures;
6. Developing information, and cyber security awareness training and education programs;
7. Facilitating penetration testing and vulnerability assessments; and
8. Acting proactively to prevent potential disaster situations by ensuring that proper protections are in place, such as intrusion detection and prevention systems, firewalls, and effective physical safeguards.
Qualifications and Experience
1. A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent;
2. Possession of a Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
3. Certified Ethical Hacker Training (CEH) is a must;
4. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an added advantage;
5. At least 2 years experience in information security or cyber security. Knowledge of information security standards and procedures;
6. Knowledge of security controls (IDS/ IPS/ Firewalls, etc.);
7. Security testing tools use and result analysis (Kali, Nessus, ZAP, Metasploit) etc.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
• in PDF format as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
NB PLEASE NOTE THAT, POSTS 1, 2 & 3 ARE A RE-ADVERTISEMENT. THOSE WHO APPLIED PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT RE-APPLY AS THEY SHALL BE CONSIDERED. HOWEVER, THEY CAN UPDATE THEIR APPLICATIONS IF THEY SO WISH.
Applications should be received not later than 14 August 2022.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to
Cnr. Machel Ave and L. Takawira St.