CANTEEN MANAGER | STUDENTS` AFFAIRS
· Overall management of the catering department;
· Planning, controlling and coordinate all activities in the catering department including special occasions for example graduation ceremonies;
· Supervision and quality control of all catering services;
· Following up on ordering example accounts clerk and stores person on order requisitions and timeously delivery of ordered provisions;
· Stock control and overall control of departmental assets;
· Checking on stores to avoid stock out and assist in the purchasing of canteen provisions;
· Planning and implementing infection control and HACCP concept in the catering department;
· Organizing medical examinations for food handlers;
· Regularising evaluation of food tolerance and acceptance in the dining;
· Setting structures, working schedules and instruments governing the use of canteen equipment;
· Identifying and recommend the purchase of cooking equipment, storage; equipment, and repair of service equipment;
· Institute in-service training for kitchen staff; and
· Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Applicants must have at least a supervisory Master’s degree and two (2) years post qualification experience and a first degree in Tourism and Hospitality/Culinary Studies plus five (5) years’ post qualification experience in Student Catering Services, Student Affairs/Student Support Services/Campus Life Experience. The Catering Manager must be a team player, honest, mature, professional, hardworking and possess no criminal record. In addition, applicants should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 01 December, 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.