Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Assistant Stores Manager that has arisen at J&J Transport
The Assistant Stores Manager assists in managing the day-to-day stores activities for our J&J Transport Zimbabwe Stores Department whilst providing support to the Stores Manager and handling daily co-ordination with workshops and suppliers.
Scope of Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities of the Assistant Stores Manager includes assisting in management of the stores team on day-to-day activities, taking ownership, being cost effective and contributing to ensure the smooth running of the Stores Department whilst protecting and uploading the Company brand/image
Key Performance Indicators:
▪ Assisting in evaluating the performance of suppliers so as to ensure that the company gets proper value for
money at all times;
▪ Assisting in purchasing of spares, protective clothing, tyres and any other stock items that may be required in
the daily running of the company;
▪ Negotiating with suppliers to ensure that the company gets the best possible deals at all times;
▪ Assist in formulating good standard operating procedures, procurement plans, systems of control and reordering plans;
▪ Supervising and developing the Stores staff to ensure that they add value to the company at all times;
▪ Ensuring that the correct costing of all item in the system is maintained;
▪ Ensuring that monthly stock takes are done and reports are sent to Senior Management;
▪ Assisting in the disposal of obsolete stock/dead stock;
▪ Ensuring compliance with HSES policies and procedures;
▪ Contribute with any innovative ideas or waysthat may improve the operations and/or efficiency of the company
and share/communicate it in a proper manner to management;
Competences and Aptitudes
▪ Strong customer and human resources relationship management skills;
▪ High levels of responsibility and accountability;
▪ Energetic hands-on individual with strong leadership skills;
▪ Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach.
Hard Skills – Background / Technical Competences
▪ Academic Background: Relevant degree/diploma in Business;
▪ Experience required: 5-10 years, with relevant management experience within the transport industry;
▪ IT knowledge: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point);
▪ Age (minimum / maximum): 30-40 years;
▪ Others: English – good level of the English language, both written and spoken;
▪ Extensive knowledge of company business model and business needs;
Location: Ngezi Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and ...
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers ...
Vacancy A local manufacturing company for Chemicals and detergents is looking for Stores and warehouse clerk.
Our client in the Paint Manufacturing Sector is looking for an experienced Receiving Clerk to join their team.