Plumber – Class 1 X 6
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post which has arisen in the Engineering and Technical Services Department:
The Person Specifications:
The incumbent should be a responsible and innovative character possessing the following qualifications:
• At least a Skilled Worker (Class 1 Journeyman) with a Certificate in Plumbing and Drain laying from a ZIMCHE recognised learning institution.
• A minimum of 5 '0' Levels including English and Mathematics.
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar position (municipal or water utility setup).
• Team player.
• Be in possession of a clean class 4 drivers' license.
• Sound supervisory skills
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall be reporting to the Water Superintendent. he/she shall be responsible for the following:
• Repairs & maintenance of all water and sewer mains malting reference to standard operating procedures.
• Repairs and maintenance of all hot and cold-water systems in municipal buildings.
• Installation of new water and sewer connections up to the required standard.
• Repair of burst pipes, collapsed sewer pipes and sewer chokes.
• Repairs and maintenance of reservoirs.
• Supervision of operators.
• Strict adherence to maintenance schedules.
Applicants should submit six (6) copies of detailed CVs and certified copies of Certificates which should reach the office of the Town Clerk before close of business on 19 November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates.
City of Mutare
PO Box 910
Created: November 04, 2018
Category: Engineering, Construction, Mining, Manufacturing
Expiry Date: Nov. 19, 2018