Consultancy . . .
End of Project Evaluation: Local NGO
Deadline: 22 October 2018
A local media organisation, which uses information to encourage civic participation, seeks the support of a consultant for an end of project evaluation.
The organisation encourages civic participation through the exchange of information across email, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and its website. A two-year project is wrapping up, and the organisation seeks the support of an external consultant to contribute to the project evaluation and completion report.
The consultant will help the organisation evaluate its impact, outcomes, outputs, relevance, results and impact, for example:
- Impact of the organisation’s campaigns and information products
- Participation of members in civic issues
- Quality of interaction with members
- Use and uptake of information by members
- Engagement with and uptake of campaigns by members
- Relationships with other civil society organisations
- Impact of the project on civil society
- Relevance of the project to the priorities of Zimbabwe’s citizens and project beneficiaries
- Results (disaggregated by beneficiary groups, including for marginalised groups)
- Positive and / or negative unintended outcomes
- Greatest areas of impact of the project
- How the project has impacted citizen demands and citizen engagement
The final report should include both qualitative and quantitative elements, including stories of change and community voices. In applying, the consultant should indicate a workplan and methods to be used. These may include impact stories, case study, most significant change, online surveys, emails, phone interviews and a limited number of focus group discussions (fewer than five). It is not anticipated the consultancy will involve travel outside of Harare. The evaluation should be robust, auditable and triangulated. This will include submission of raw data and findings where necessary. There is an expectation of high quality data and evidence through the evaluation. Emphasis should be on the credibility of the findings, the quality of the research design, the connections between data, interpretation and conclusions, neutrality and thorough documentation of the evaluation process.
The consultancy is expected to begin in the first week of November. The selected consultant and the organisation will develop an evaluation plan together. The final report will be due 10 December.
Qualified consultants (individuals or teams) should submit their proposals to email@example.com
Proposals should include: Technical proposal including proposed methodology, approach and workplan; Financial proposal including all costings; Contact details (including emails) for three relevant references; Writing samples of relevant work (anonymised if necessary).
Created: October 12, 2018
Category: Strategic, Business Management, Consultancy
Expiry Date: Oct. 22, 2018